Elite Tactical Systems magazines, AR-15 and Glock

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Elite Tactical Systems magazines, AR-15 and Glock

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:28 pm

These guys have just come out with some interesting mags...I think I'm going to try one for 450b compatibility:

http://www.etsgroup.us/

I especially want to check them for feed lip spreading when loaded with 450b rounds. Their information seems to indicate that their mag material is designed to resist that:

Our magazines are made from advanced polymers that provide extreme impact resistance so they won’t crack or break when dropped. With superior temperature tolerances our magazines won’t become brittle over time, even when exposed to harsh environments, chemicals, or extreme cold. Its durable construction eliminates creep so the feed lips and body won’t spread when being stored long term, even when fully loaded.

We shall see...
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Re: Elite Tactical Systems magazines, AR-15 and Glock

Postby Bmt85 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:27 pm

It's worth a try.
IMO, they probably aren't going to work. I watched one of their videos and that mag has a ton of flex to it. I'm willing to bet that when loading 450B in it, it will blow out enough that it won't load, or be extremely hard to. I hope I'm wrong, because I want to see as many options for the 450B as possible.
Bmt85

Re: Elite Tactical Systems magazines, AR-15 and Glock

Postby Hoot » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:10 pm

Bmt85 wrote:It's worth a try.
IMO, they probably aren't going to work. I watched one of their videos and that mag has a ton of flex to it. I'm willing to bet that when loading 450B in it, it will blow out enough that it won't load, or be extremely hard to. I hope I'm wrong, because I want to see as many options for the 450B as possible.

The same impression I got. Double stack mags work by vectoring force towards where the lips transition from the two sides of the mag, where they are the strongest. Single stack mags concentrate the force at the very tip of the lips, where they are leveraged the most. Push up against the corners in a do0rway and they don't give much. Push up against the center of the top and it gives a lot more. Same principle.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Return to AR15 Style Rifles