Remington 260 Gr. Accutip

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Remington 260 Gr. Accutip

Postby winman1550 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:41 am

Sorry Guys

Been away for a while but I saw some Remington 450 ammo at of all places, a Wallyworld.
Wondered what kind of results any of you have seen with this stuff?

Thanks in advance,
Greg
winman1550

Re: Remington 260 Gr. Accutip

Postby commander faschisto » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:27 am

There have been several discussions of Remmy greenies over the last few years. Their first year run was a quality control disaster, with case crimps randomly varying from expanded, to straight, to crimped. They got enough customer heat from that to get it more under control with subsequent runs that were more-or-less correctly crimped, which is a critical consideration for the 450b. Assuming this year's run is correctly crimped at the case mouth (0.474") it would be worth trying a box at the range for an accuracy check. Its been a while since anyone tried that with greenies...don't remember anyone reporting actual hunting results with them, either.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby Mdt1992 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:14 pm

I had bought a box back in 2014 when I built my 450. Oal was all over the place and the crimps were horrible. Ended up not shooting them and just pulled the bullets and used the brass. Haven’t tried any of the newer stuff to see if they fixed that issue. I have used the 260gr accutips with pretty good results on deer though. Expands and have always had pass throughs with big exits out of my 20ga H&R ultra slug.
Mdt1992

Postby Bmt85 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:29 am

I purchased 200 rds or so a couple years back, ended up with 6 different lots, I believe. Crimps, overall length, and bullet tenision were all over the place. I had one lot that was extremely accurate, but only had 1 box from that lot. Everything else I shot was pretty bad, accuracy wise. Ended up taking the few boxes I had left and adjusting OAL to the same, re-crimping, and then adding a stab crimp. Helped accuracy quite a bit, but still wasn't great.
Bmt85

Return to AR15 Style Rifles