ADVICE NEEDED - Best Quality .450 Bushmaster Upper

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Best Quality .450 Bushmaster Upper

Windham Weaponry
10%
Bushmaster
34%
Trident Armory
14%
Franklin Armory
7%
Great Lakes Firearms
3%
BartZ Manufacturing
28%
Tromix
No votes
Alex Pro Firearms Armory
No votes
Next Level Armament
3%
Radical Firearms
No votes

Total votes : 29

Re: ADVICE NEEDED - Best Quality .450 Bushmaster Upper

Postby Avenger10 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:47 am

Thank you for the kind words guys.

We owe our customers the best!

Check out the new web site www.brentonusa.com

-Bartt
BRENTON USA | LONG-LOAD
www.brentonusa.com
Avenger10

Postby plant_one » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:51 am

wow man - the new site is light years ahead of where ya'll started. props to your webmaster! they really did you solid!

is the 257 bartz (i think thats what it was?) still in the works? or did ya'll shelve that for now?
plant_one

Postby dantheman » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:51 pm

plant_one wrote:wow man - the new site is light years ahead of where ya'll started. props to your webmaster! they really did you solid!

is the 257 bartz (i think thats what it was?) still in the works? or did ya'll shelve that for now?

I checked out the new Brenton USA website and the 257 Bartz was not on their list of cartridges they chamber. I would have liked to have seen more on it. The ballistics looked similar to a 250-3000 Savage

Dan
dantheman

Postby Avenger10 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:32 am

Guys-

Thanks for the props. We've come a long ways and owe it to you loyal supporters.

The 257 project is alive and well. We are pushing past the 250-3000 Savage velocities and past the Grendel. We are getting closer to the 257 Roberts with the hotter stuff and the brass and bolts seem to be holding up well... and the rifles really shoot.

I was recently on a photo shoot for the new website at a high end range down near Nashville, TN and had the pretty blue target version with me. We were all standing around waiting for Abby to arrive when I realized there was nobody on the 600 yd range so I asked the RO to fire up the downrange camera on the 600 line. Keep in mind I have never shot this rifle at extended ranges so this was a real world SWAG for dope. I dialed up the Applied Ballistics software numbers for the 110 accubond @ 2850 which was up 14.75" if memory serves, left the windage untouched as it was towards evening and the breeze had all but died, settled into the bench and sent my first round down range. It hit 6" high, right at the top edge of the center plate and about 4" to the right so I sent the remaining 4 which all hit a little lower and closer to center of the plate for a group that measured 4" in the horizontal and 2" in the vertical. Five dead zombies for sure.

Rifles are available and come with a sweet set of dies made for us by Redding.

We aren't making a lot of noise about it right now because the firearms world has a lot of politics in it and we want to publicly launch this cartridge the right way.

I am happy to discuss it with anyone who wants to call me at the shop and I would love to get a few of these into the hands of some serious reloaders so we could get more test data sooner.

-Bartt
BRENTON USA | LONG-LOAD
www.brentonusa.com
Avenger10

Postby plant_one » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:02 am

pretty cool, i had seen a little stuff out on google so i knew something was still happening, but as mentioned - it didnt make it to the new website so i was just curious :)

if you're creeping up on speeds like the Bob from a standard AR lower... that something to brag about :!: :shock:

it'll be neat to follow the progression of this cartridge. i almost picked up a quarter bore back when i was in HS, but ammo for 25-06 was soo hard to find and expensive i couldnt afford to shoot it so i let it pass. course i wasnt a reloader back then either, which would have been all the difference in the world.
plant_one

Postby Al in Mi » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:29 am

these guys do a lot of playing and have developed some decent rounds

http://mdws.forumchitchat.com/categories
Al in Mi

Postby wild_weasel » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:01 pm

Hello,

I shopped around and decided on the Windham Weaponry 450 Bushmaster Upper Kit because of the features it offered and Windham's military discount.

Windham Weaponry’s powerful 450 Thumper is available as a complete Upper Receiver Assembly - ready to snap onto your AR15 Lower Receiver/Stock Assembly. The Assembly includes a 16” .450 Bushmaster Caliber Barrel with a Windham Weaponry stamped Freefloat Railed Handguard already installed, a .450 Bolt & Bolt Carrier, and a straight, 5 Round .450 Magazine. The Barrel is heavy profile 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium 11595E Steel, Chrome Lined in Bore and Chamber, rifled 1 turn in 24 inches - right hand twist - with 6 lands & grooves. The muzzle is fitted with an A2 Birdcage Type Flash Hider. The complete Upper Receiver is laser engraved .450 Bushmaster for safety - do not mix ammunitions when changing AR rifle calibers!

What is the Individual Officer/Military discount?
10% off of Retail for parts. Please contact Todd or Cindy for rifle quotes. Please provide both email address and phone number.

Is the LE/Military discount available to retired as well as active?
Yes.

Cheers,
W-W
Towards thee I roll, thou all-destroying but unconquering whale; to the last I grapple with thee; from hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee.
wild_weasel

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:46 pm

wild_weasel wrote:Hello,

I shopped around and decided on the Windham Weaponry 450 Bushmaster Upper Kit because of the features it offered and Windham's military discount.

Windham Weaponry’s powerful 450 Thumper is available as a complete Upper Receiver Assembly - ready to snap onto your AR15 Lower Receiver/Stock Assembly. The Assembly includes a 16” .450 Bushmaster Caliber Barrel with a Windham Weaponry stamped Freefloat Railed Handguard already installed, a .450 Bolt & Bolt Carrier, and a straight, 5 Round .450 Magazine. The Barrel is heavy profile 4150 Chrome Moly Vanadium 11595E Steel, Chrome Lined in Bore and Chamber, rifled 1 turn in 24 inches - right hand twist - with 6 lands & grooves. The muzzle is fitted with an A2 Birdcage Type Flash Hider. The complete Upper Receiver is laser engraved .450 Bushmaster for safety - do not mix ammunitions when changing AR rifle calibers!

What is the Individual Officer/Military discount?
10% off of Retail for parts. Please contact Todd or Cindy for rifle quotes. Please provide both email address and phone number.

Is the LE/Military discount available to retired as well as active?
Yes.

Cheers,
W-W

Can’t go wrong there!
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles