450 BM legal for deer in which states?

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

450 BM legal for deer in which states?

Postby rootacres » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 am

I apologize if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't sure where to put it. So here is my question, I currently hunt in MI where the 450 is legal to hunt in shotgun zones, is this cartridge legal to hunt in others states shotgun zones? For example, could I take my 450 to IL or IA and use it in their shotgun zones? If not is there legislation in the works that would allow me to do that?

thanks in advance
rootacres

Re: 450 BM legal for deer in which states?

Postby plant_one » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:59 am

ohio and indiana are legal AFAIK, not sure about the peoples republik of Illinois.

your best bet is to get online, head to their DNR type website, and review the hunting regulations.
plant_one

Postby Buckeye45 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:03 am

Don't forget, you are also good for Rifle states as well. Providing they allow semi auto rifles. For example WVA does allow semi autos, Pa does not. Part of the attraction to this caliber in an AR platform is I can use it next week in WVA and the following week in Ohio. A solid 200 yard gun in these 2 states is great.
Buckeye45

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:33 pm

Buckeye45 wrote:Don't forget, you are also good for Rifle states as well. Providing they allow semi auto rifles. For example WVA does allow semi autos, Pa does not. Part of the attraction to this caliber in an AR platform is I can use it next week in WVA and the following week in Ohio. A solid 200 yard gun in these 2 states is great.

Well. The 450 Bushmaster comes in bolt action and single shot too so there is that to consider. But like everyone else says. You better contact your local wildlife agency and get clarification. But if you’re in Texas, you’re definitely good to go. :mrgreen:
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby sbrGrendel » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:05 am

rootacres wrote:I apologize if this is in the wrong section, I wasn't sure where to put it. So here is my question, I currently hunt in MI where the 450 is legal to hunt in shotgun zones, is this cartridge legal to hunt in others states shotgun zones? For example, could I take my 450 to IL or IA and use it in their shotgun zones? If not is there legislation in the works that would allow me to do that?

thanks in advance

It’s not just the caliber I’d worry about, but you need to think of the type of weapon your using. Since a AR15 is illegal in some states with certain configurations. But if it was me I would research this on my own and not take the advise of a message board. Since your talking about possibly committing a felony, just done friendly advice.

But it’s legal in Michigan in the Rifle Zone and in the Pistol/Shotgun Zone since it’s straight walked case and falls within the length parameters.
Last edited by sbrGrendel on Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sbrGrendel

Postby earlwb » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:04 pm

It is OK to use here in Texas. It would also be OK to use in those certain states that require a straight sided cartridge case too. Ohio comes to mind. But every state is different. You need to doublecheck it and confirm in the states you want to hunt in.
earlwb

Postby rootacres » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:31 pm

all pms have been replied to
rootacres

Return to AR15 Style Rifles