Remington Ammo

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Remington Ammo

Postby go2boats » Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:11 am

FYI...just got off the phone with Remington in Arkansas Ammo Plant......1-501-676-3161......Asking about 450 Bushmaster ammo.........They are scheduled to have a run in February.....

250 & 260 Grain loads......catalog for 2010 showed their listing, but she had no records of any being manufactured in 2010.... so this will be a first or first in a long while.....
She also said we are welcome to keep calling in to see what their progress is... and after it ships she will have a record of where it went to be able to contact them directly for sales....

It would be nice to try some for comparison.....Thanks to all on this site......You've been a great resource for info......
go2boats

Re: Remington Ammo

Postby wildcatter » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:56 am

Ok, g2b, I hope you can call more offten to keep us further informed. I talk to Remmy's ammo guy at the SHOT and he said the 260's are running now..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:16 am

go2boats wrote:FYI...just got off the phone with Remington in Arkansas Ammo Plant......1-501-676-3161......Asking about 450 Bushmaster ammo.........They are scheduled to have a run in February.....

250 & 260 Grain loads......catalog for 2010 showed their listing, but she had no records of any being manufactured in 2010.... so this will be a first or first in a long while.....
She also said we are welcome to keep calling in to see what their progress is... and after it ships she will have a record of where it went to be able to contact them directly for sales....

It would be nice to try some for comparison.....Thanks to all on this site......You've been a great resource for info......

is that the plant in Lonoke? I thought all they did was UMC stuff and 22 cal stuff. Cool! I really am excited but the heavy stuff.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby BayouBob » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:42 pm

Dog, I think I read somewhere that Rem. moved just about all their ammo production to the Lonoke plant.
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby adelmo » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:07 pm

Cabela's has my remington still on backorder. Good News production has kicked in.
adelmo

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:47 pm

BayouBob wrote:Dog, I think I read somewhere that Rem. moved just about all their ammo production to the Lonoke plant.

I drive by the plant at least twice a year going back and forth to TN. I did not realize that the Lonoke Plant was big enough to handle ALL of Remmys ammo. I was always under the impression that was their UMC and .22 SHRT, Long and LR plant.
As far as real estate goes...it just doesn't seem that big.
I get a kick out of stopping in Hope, AR for restroom breaks.... seems the perfect place....
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Re: Remington Ammo..Follow Up

Postby go2boats » Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:59 am

Response from Remington.....I sent them an email inquiring about their ammo....Called the phone number and she told me no record of ammo or ammo having been made in the last 6 months (as far back as her records go). She thought it might go into production in the next few months.....So the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.....I'm still holding out for the February release date....I will keep bugging them and let you know what I find out....

Question......Does anyone have a proper barrel break in procedure for a new 450 Bushmaster.....Any thoughts..... ? ? ...............Thanks

[b] Discussion Thread
Response (Logan) 01/25/2011 08:34 AM
Unfortunately we generally do not ship directly to dealers so we do not have any way to tie into their available inventory systems. When looking for a specific item we recommend that you call our customer service Dept at 1-800-243-9700 and give them the item you’re looking for. They can then find out which distributors have taken the most recent shipments and your local dealer of choice can contact these distributors to see if they still have these items available.
go2boats

Re: Remington Ammo..Follow Up

Postby wildcatter » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:52 pm

go2boats wrote:Response from Remington.....I sent them an email inquiring about their ammo....Called the phone number and she told me no record of ammo or ammo having been made in the last 6 months (as far back as her records go). She thought it might go into production in the next few months.....So the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.....I'm still holding out for the February release date....I will keep bugging them and let you know what I find out....

Question......Does anyone have a proper barrel break in procedure for a new 450 Bushmaster.....Any thoughts..... ? ? ...............Thanks

[b] Discussion Thread
Response (Logan) 01/25/2011 08:34 AM
Unfortunately we generally do not ship directly to dealers so we do not have any way to tie into their available inventory systems. When looking for a specific item we recommend that you call our customer service Dept at 1-800-243-9700 and give them the item you’re looking for. They can then find out which distributors have taken the most recent shipments and your local dealer of choice can contact these distributors to see if they still have these items available.

Break-in... The rule of thumb for all AR's is the two-shot rule. Shoot twice and clean, repeat, until you get fifty rounds through the weapon. I for one never break them in and have never had a problem, but that's just me..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Return to AR15 Style Rifles