Building an AR 450 Bushmaster

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Building an AR 450 Bushmaster

Postby Smithjdsr » Sat May 12, 2018 9:01 pm

Soon...
John

“Remember; No matter where you go, there you are.” -Buckaroo Banzai
Smithjdsr

Postby Smithjdsr » Sun May 13, 2018 9:42 pm

Why, yes! That is a finished 450 Bushmaster AR! Can’t wait to shoot it.
John

Smithjdsr

Postby Bmt85 » Mon May 14, 2018 5:26 pm

Nice to hear you got the build done. What barrel did you go with again? I skimmed through, but didn't catch it.
Also if you could post a bigger pic, they'd be great.
Bmt85

Postby Smithjdsr » Mon May 14, 2018 5:51 pm

I got an 18” heavy stainless from Bear Creek Arsenal. I didn’t intend an FDE handguard, but I decided I like it, so I’ll build the Bushy it’s own lower (right now using my .556 lower) with FDE furniture. I’ll try a bigger picture but the board seems stingy about that...
John

Smithjdsr

Postby Smithjdsr » Mon May 14, 2018 6:05 pm

I have no idea how to make it fit in the size the board calls for. :(
John

Smithjdsr

Postby Bmt85 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:20 pm

Cool, be sure to let us know how it shoots.

What I usually do for posting pics is go to the Tinypic tab under where you type your reply’s. Choose your pic file, then resize to Message Board option. Usually works for me and doesn’t make it so big that it cuts off the photo.
Bmt85

Postby Smithjdsr » Mon May 14, 2018 7:13 pm

John

Smithjdsr

Postby Smithjdsr » Mon May 14, 2018 7:43 pm

I’ve got my friend, my cousin, and his son building. I built one and they were like, “yeah, whatever.” Then I built a second nd they were like, “so, how did you do that?” (I always start with 80% lowers.) Then I started the Bushy and showed it to them and they were like, “Ok, show me what to do. I want one.” I don’t know if they’re all barreling their own upper, but one is for sure (this was my first, I’ve always gotten complete uppers before). I seem to just keep spreading BRD.

I don’t know how I got through fifty years of life and didn’t know about black rifles. I’ve owned, handled, shot, cleaned, reloaded for a huge selection of different guns, but only recently did I realize that you can actually BUILD a gun! My son and I were going to try to get into Mosins, but we were too late and now they’re expensive. So we went looking and stumbled onto black rifles- and we’re hooked! Now it’s raining and I can’t even go shoot it! Maybe tomorrow...
John

Smithjdsr

Postby Bmt85 » Mon May 14, 2018 7:48 pm

That works.
I agree with your idea of doing fde furniture when you build your next lower, maybe also spray paint mag to match it. I did something similar for one of my dads rifles. Went magpul foliage green for a 20” hbar build. We really liked it.
Bmt85

Postby Bmt85 » Mon May 14, 2018 7:57 pm

Smithjdsr wrote:I’ve got my friend, my cousin, and his son building. I built one and they were like, “yeah, whatever.” Then I built a second nd they were like, “so, how did you do that?” (I always start with 80% lowers.) Then I started the Bushy and showed it to them and they were like, “Ok, show me what to do. I want one.” I don’t know if they’re all barreling their own upper, but one is for sure (this was my first, I’ve always gotten complete uppers before). I seem to just keep spreading BRD.

I don’t know how I got through fifty years of life and didn’t know about black rifles. I’ve owned, handled, shot, cleaned, reloaded for a huge selection of different guns, but only recently did I realize that you can actually BUILD a gun! My son and I were going to try to get into Mosins, but we were too late and now they’re expensive. So we went looking and stumbled onto black rifles- and we’re hooked! Now it’s raining and I can’t even go shoot it! Maybe tomorrow...

I was similar to you. Lol. I started building, and then helped my dad with a couple, helped a few of my friends, and helped my brother with his first, which wouldn’t have been the only AR he had, but he passed just as he and I were really getting back into firearms. BRD is a very serious condition and very easily spread! :twisted: You know it’s bad when you have a couple random parts sitting around (that aren’t receiver’s) and decide to do another build. :lol:
Bmt85

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles