Highest Capacity Mags?

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Highest Capacity Mags?

Postby Robert FL » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:45 am

Looking at my 450 magazines and comparing them to the 410 mag picture..It looks like the 410 feed lips are much shorter than my metal 450 BM mags.
Robert FL

Postby johnbearross » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:11 pm

The first couple minutes of this video show the magazine. Looks to be two sets of feed lips, front and back. I don't know if the front set would capture the front of the .450 Bushmaster case. Your guess is as good as mine, until someone gets one in their hand and tries it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq2rkjKBIZg
Best,
JBR
johnbearross

Postby Hoot » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:54 am

johnbearross wrote:The first couple minutes of this video show the magazine. Looks to be two sets of feed lips, front and back. I don't know if the front set would capture the front of the .450 Bushmaster case. Your guess is as good as mine, until someone gets one in their hand and tries it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aq2rkjKBIZg
Best,
JBR

In the video, it looks like the front lips are lower and wider spaced than the rear ones. Probably function just to keep the .410 rounds centered as they rise up at the ready to be stripped by the bolt. My guess would be that as the bolt picks up a 450b round and it begins moving forward, it will pop free too soon and possibly malign before its close enough to the feed ramp in the upper to be properly guided into the chamber. Maybe not but that's how it looks to my mind's eye.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles