Back in the saddle again

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Back in the saddle again

Postby Hopalong » Wed May 02, 2018 1:15 pm

It's been a while... I won't bore you with the details, suffice to say I worked for a great company that was bought
out and things changed big time. I finally got tired enough of it that I retired. So, I'll be around a bit more, still
catching up on a lot of other long delayed projects too.

Hop
Hopalong

Re: Back in the saddle again

Postby Hoot » Wed May 02, 2018 2:27 pm

Welcome back Hop!

Sorry your retirement came under less than ideal conditions. Counting the days until I can become one of the ghosts haunting the rifle range at the local club every day that the weather is good and there's nothing booked. Still got 2 1/2 yrs until I hit the magical 66 and I'll be out the door faster than you can say "buh-bye".

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Thom28 » Wed May 02, 2018 4:43 pm

Hopalong,
Had a similar experience 4 years ago. I finally got fed up and turned in my resignation. Best move I ever made. It took about a month to adapt but I have never looked back.
Very seldom ever set an alarm clock anymore. If it doesn't get done today, I can do it tomorrow. If I want to take off and go some place, nothing to hold me back.
I am sure that you will be happy in retirement. Good luck an enjoy.

Thom
U.S. Army Veteran
NRA Life Member

"From My Cold Dead Hands."-Charlton Heston 2000
Thom28

Postby plant_one » Thu May 03, 2018 9:03 am

congratz on retirement - even if you werent looking for it in this immediate timeframe.

all things happen for a reason! :)
plant_one

Postby The Earl o SAmmich » Mon May 07, 2018 6:28 pm

Hoot wrote:Welcome back Hop!

....Sorry your retirement came under less than ideal conditions. ....

Hoot

There is nothing about retirement that is less than ideal.

Be prepared for the dreams/night mares, that come where you are back at work and things are going cow Poo. Just keep remembering in your dreams; " Wait, I don't work any more."
The Earl o SAmmich

Postby Hopalong » Thu May 10, 2018 2:23 pm

Thanks guys, I had some trouble with my login but seem to have overcome whatever it was. It's good to be back and I'm looking forward to contributing again, as well as getting all the hot skinny that shows up here as well...

As for retirement, I wonder how I had time to work.

Not really, lots of the stuff I wanted to do was second priority, or lower.

Hop
Hopalong

Postby papajohn » Thu May 10, 2018 4:58 pm

Hopalong, I'm glad to hear you're going to be burning more powder. Shooting is my stress relief. Many years ago I had a wife who would meet me at the door after work, tell me to change clothes because all my guns were already packed and I was not allowed to come home until I was "normal again". Apparently I got a little cranky if I didn't get to shoot often enough!

I have a cartoon in my basement of a man who came home in the middle of the morning, and when his wife asked why he was home so early he said, "I went to work, but I couldn't remember why, so I retired."

Maybe that will happen to me someday. Hopefully when I want it to happen!

Enjoy the lack of alarm bells every morning!
papajohn

Return to AR15 Style Rifles