New 450 BM upper

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

New 450 BM upper

Postby Forgotten man » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:43 am

Sorta new to the 450 Bushmaster group. Just purchased a Bushmaster in .450 with 20' barrel , just couldn't pass up the sale price. Hope I get an accurate one. Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated :mrgreen:
Forgotten man

Re: New 450 BM upper

Postby Bmt85 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:52 am

Congrats on the new purchase!

I assume your talking about a Bushmaster factory 20" upper with the carbine length gas system? If so, the only thing I can recommend right off the bat is run as heavy a buffer as you can with it. I wouldn't recommend an extra power spring, though. If your running a carbine buffer tube, then go with a Slash's XH buffer. If your running a rifle buffer tube, then I don't really know, maybe Slash's has something for it. You might even want to add weight to the BCG as well. Search for "Hoot's CCWS", that has info on it.
Bmt85

Re: New 450 BM upper

Postby dantheman » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:21 am

Congrats on your new upper! I recommend really reading through the various topics on this forum to help you decide on what you would like your AR to be. Is weight an option? Carbine buffer tube with adjustable stock or A1 or A2 Rifle stock.

I went the Rifle route with an A1 recoil reducer stock, Hoot's cheap BCG weight and an extra power spring. Drops the empty cases at my feet. Not a lightweight rifle.

So let us know what your looking for as far as your lower, and then perhaps one of us with experience in that area can chime in.

Dan
dantheman

Return to AR15 Style Rifles