Lucked up on recoil pad

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Lucked up on recoil pad

Postby 303hunter » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:42 pm

I’ve been looking for recoil pads for my Lancer and EFX stocks with zero luck. Yesterday, I found that Limbsaver small/medium slip on pads fit almost perfectly. Took both rifles out today, and these pads make a big difference. Image
303hunter
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:23 pm
Location: Fayetteville, N.C.

Re: Lucked up on recoil pad

Postby Hoot » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:42 pm

Yeah they make for a more comfortable outing. Every lower I own has one on it.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
User avatar
Hoot
 
Posts: 4378
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:34 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Lucked up on recoil pad

Postby 303hunter » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:24 pm

Sheriffs deputy at the range today was asking about my 450. I offered to let him try it and he accepted. The look on his face when that thing fired was priceless! He asked: what are you gonna shoot with that? I replied: anything I want to....
303hunter
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:23 pm
Location: Fayetteville, N.C.

Re: Lucked up on recoil pad

Postby Hoot » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:39 pm

303hunter wrote:Sheriffs deputy at the range today was asking about my 450. I offered to let him try it and he accepted. The look on his face when that thing fired was priceless! He asked: what are you gonna shoot with that? I replied: anything I want to....


I keep a 450b dummy round on my desk at the Sheriff's Technical Services Division. (Where they come to have their radios and computers serviced). Next to the 450b round is a dummy 223 round. When a customer is hanging out at my workbench while I service their equipment, I hand them the two rounds and ask "Which would you rather go through a door carrying?" They get all excited about te 450b. I tell them, "Let your bosses know what you want." I'd be happy to build them up for you guys as a side line. = KaChing! Even the SWAT guys look down at their shoes in acknowledgement that that's a lost cause.

I could have posted for a recent opening as an armorer but I've ruined more than one hobby by making it my job. I used to love to come home and tinker with electronics projects along with operating Ham Radio. Doing communications equipment for a living really didn't lend well to coming home after work and doing it some more. Oh well, at least I have a recession proof job for life with fair benefits and excellent pay.. Image

Make that 1 year, 8 months and 5 days, but who's counting. ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
User avatar
Hoot
 
Posts: 4378
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:34 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Lucked up on recoil pad

Postby dantheman » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:56 pm

303hunter wrote:I’ve been looking for recoil pads for my Lancer and EFX stocks with zero luck. Yesterday, I found that Limbsaver small/medium slip on pads fit almost perfectly. Took both rifles out today, and these pads make a big difference. Image


Are you putting these on the A1 or A2 length stocks?

I'm considering these stocks for a 243 LBC build.

Dan
dantheman
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:16 am

Re: Lucked up on recoil pad

Postby 303hunter » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:58 pm

dantheman wrote:
303hunter wrote:I’ve been looking for recoil pads for my Lancer and EFX stocks with zero luck. Yesterday, I found that Limbsaver small/medium slip on pads fit almost perfectly. Took both rifles out today, and these pads make a big difference. Image


Are you putting these on the A1 or A2 length stocks?

I'm considering these stocks for a 243 LBC build.

Dan


They’re both A1 length, but I used A2 spacers to begin with. I removed the spacers because the extra length of the recoil pads made them a bit too long. They seem gtg with recoil pads. Both stocks are made by Lancer, and the cheek weld is great.
303hunter
 
Posts: 103
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:23 pm
Location: Fayetteville, N.C.

Re: Lucked up on recoil pad

Postby Hoot » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:28 pm

All my lowers wear A1 stocks to go with the recoil pad adding additional length. But that's for my particular body geometry.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
User avatar
Hoot
 
Posts: 4378
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:34 am
Location: Minnesota

Re: Lucked up on recoil pad

Postby dantheman » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:17 am

I noticed that CDNN has the A-1 fiber carbon version of the above stock for $99 if anyone is interested.

It's made by Lancer but has SIG's name on it. Also includes a buffer tube and buffer. ;)

Dan
dantheman
 
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:16 am


Return to AR15 Style Rifles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests