Lucked up on recoil pad

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Lucked up on recoil pad

Postby 303hunter » Tue Feb 26, 2019 5:42 pm

I’ve been looking for recoil pads for my Lancer and EFX stocks with zero luck. Yesterday, I found that Limbsaver small/medium slip on pads fit almost perfectly. Took both rifles out today, and these pads make a big difference. Image
303hunter

Re: Lucked up on recoil pad

Postby Hoot » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:42 pm

Yeah they make for a more comfortable outing. Every lower I own has one on it.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby 303hunter » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:24 pm

Sheriffs deputy at the range today was asking about my 450. I offered to let him try it and he accepted. The look on his face when that thing fired was priceless! He asked: what are you gonna shoot with that? I replied: anything I want to....
303hunter

Postby Hoot » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:39 pm

303hunter wrote:Sheriffs deputy at the range today was asking about my 450. I offered to let him try it and he accepted. The look on his face when that thing fired was priceless! He asked: what are you gonna shoot with that? I replied: anything I want to....

I keep a 450b dummy round on my desk at the Sheriff's Technical Services Division. (Where they come to have their radios and computers serviced). Next to the 450b round is a dummy 223 round. When a customer is hanging out at my workbench while I service their equipment, I hand them the two rounds and ask "Which would you rather go through a door carrying?" They get all excited about te 450b. I tell them, "Let your bosses know what you want." I'd be happy to build them up for you guys as a side line. = KaChing! Even the SWAT guys look down at their shoes in acknowledgement that that's a lost cause.

I could have posted for a recent opening as an armorer but I've ruined more than one hobby by making it my job. I used to love to come home and tinker with electronics projects along with operating Ham Radio. Doing communications equipment for a living really didn't lend well to coming home after work and doing it some more. Oh well, at least I have a recession proof job for life with fair benefits and excellent pay.. Image

Make that 1 year, 8 months and 5 days, but who's counting. ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby dantheman » Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:56 pm

303hunter wrote:I’ve been looking for recoil pads for my Lancer and EFX stocks with zero luck. Yesterday, I found that Limbsaver small/medium slip on pads fit almost perfectly. Took both rifles out today, and these pads make a big difference. Image

Are you putting these on the A1 or A2 length stocks?

I'm considering these stocks for a 243 LBC build.

Dan
dantheman

Postby 303hunter » Sun Mar 03, 2019 9:58 pm

dantheman wrote:
303hunter wrote:I’ve been looking for recoil pads for my Lancer and EFX stocks with zero luck. Yesterday, I found that Limbsaver small/medium slip on pads fit almost perfectly. Took both rifles out today, and these pads make a big difference. Image

Are you putting these on the A1 or A2 length stocks?

I'm considering these stocks for a 243 LBC build.

Dan

They’re both A1 length, but I used A2 spacers to begin with. I removed the spacers because the extra length of the recoil pads made them a bit too long. They seem gtg with recoil pads. Both stocks are made by Lancer, and the cheek weld is great.
303hunter

Postby Hoot » Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:28 pm

All my lowers wear A1 stocks to go with the recoil pad adding additional length. But that's for my particular body geometry.

Hoot
Hoot

Postby dantheman » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:17 am

I noticed that CDNN has the A-1 fiber carbon version of the above stock for $99 if anyone is interested.

It's made by Lancer but has SIG's name on it. Also includes a buffer tube and buffer. ;)

Dan
dantheman

Return to AR15 Style Rifles