ACE skeleton stock

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

ACE skeleton stock

Postby Atomicdog » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:16 pm

I'm interested in installing an ACE skeleton stock on my 450. I've got a Bushy XM-15 E2S lower and am unsure if i need the carbine or standard length stock (was a 16 inch 5.56 gun). Is there any sure-fire way of ensuring i get the right length stock for my buffer? I'm just looking for weight savings and frankly, I've fired a .50 Beowulf rifle with an ACE stock and the cheek weld felt good. Anyone got a definitive answer? I've seen several photos of members rifles with said stock and would be interested in hearing from them and anyone else who can steer me in the right direction. Even if that means telling me I'm crazy! Thanks in advance!
Atomicdog

Re: ACE skeleton stock

Postby tannerlst » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:45 pm

i put this one on my rifle the other week....

got it on sale from midwayusa for like 63 bucks they still have them on sale .... then you will need a a1/a2 buffer tube with rifle length spring, believe you can use same buffer.... http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?p ... ber=760499
tannerlst

Postby Atomicdog » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:39 pm

thanks tannerlst....that's the stock I was looking at and that's the one I got. did you have issues getting the foam sleeve on...if so, what did you use to overcome it?
Atomicdog

Postby Edward78 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:53 pm

How do you like that Stock I have one on the way for my 450.

Ed
Ed
Edward78

Postby ebusa » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:27 pm

I've got one on mine and it's awesome!!

--Evan
ebusa

Postby Atomicdog » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:19 pm

wow! spittin' image...like brothers from other mothers! I've got a larue mount, Redfield scope, magpul trigger guard, Hogue grip. can't wait to mount the stock. any tips?
Atomicdog

Postby ebusa » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:56 pm

Just be patient when slinding on the foam pad. You may need to use a little dish soap to allow it to slide on easier. Post pics when completed! would like to see it!
--Evan
ebusa

Postby FirstNation » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:24 pm

No doubt, using the liquid dish washing soap is the key, apply it to the stock, and that grip will slide right on. The liquid soap will dry and that grip is on for good.
FirstNation

Postby Archie » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:11 pm

I put one on mine as well - easy to do, but do use the dish soap - it makes it a lot easier to get it on. Standard Buffer and spring from a A2 stock works just peachy. I think if I remember right, I had the buffer tube spacer left over. I like the skeleton stock waaaay better than the A2, and if you go out hunting in the -20's sort of weather your face/face-mask won't freeze to the foam like it does to the A2 stock! It is also much quieter sneaking around the woods and banging into sticks and brush.
Archie

Postby Hoot » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:34 pm

If you're not keen on putting soap on your parts, compressed air works well also. I learned this doing soft grips on bicycle handlebars. Start the sleeve and give 'er a squirt and it inflates the entire sleeve enough to slide along on a cushion of air. By watching it, you'll know what is enough and what is too much. Very intuitive as you go. Of course, the other end of the tube has to be obstructed or you won't develop enough pressure to inflate it.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Next

Return to AR15 Style Rifles