Feeding problems

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Feeding problems

Postby Mdl1911a1 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:56 am

I do seriously under-perform when coffee depleted :lol: Thank you, Black Rifle Company for "CF" coffee!

Package is ready to ship. I'll post back with an update when things come back together.

Thanks again!
Mdl1911a1

Postby Mdl1911a1 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:11 pm

Bear Creek sent a new barrel about 10 days ago, and things slowed down enough over this weekend to reassemble and test. First, the barrel was a smaller diameter (0.75) at the gas port than the original barrel, so I used a new adjustable gas block for the reassembly. All other parts besides the barrel and gas block were the same. With the port wide open, and with stock buffer spring and buffer, the bolt was riding over the ammo again. But I closed down the gas port 50%, and actually managed to get a full 3 round lancer mag cycled through without a hitch.

As I ran more rounds through the gun to get the scope adjusted for 50 yds, some failures to feed started cropping up again (always the 2nd round). But overall, I think I have a potentially functional gun. Now I just need to work out the balance between buffer spring, buffer weight, gas port adjustment, and mag spring strength. Probably not taking this one to shoot pigs next weekend, but getting closer! Gonna need more ammo :-) But until it functions properly with Winchester factory ammo, I'm not going to introduce handloads.
Mdl1911a1

Postby Dinoallison » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:04 am

Hi I recently bought a 450 bushmaster complete upper from radical firearms with 20 in barrel. I put it on a Daniel Defense ddm4 v11pro. The problem I am having is when I stick my 10 round lancer clip with a Tromix center follower In with empty mag and go to pull the charging handle it goes back and stays locked back until you press the release button. Has anyone else had this issue and know the fix?
Dinoallison

Postby Hoot » Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:05 pm

Dinoallison wrote:Hi I recently bought a 450 bushmaster complete upper from radical firearms with 20 in barrel. I put it on a Daniel Defense ddm4 v11pro. The problem I am having is when I stick my 10 round lancer clip with a Tromix center follower In with empty mag and go to pull the charging handle it goes back and stays locked back until you press the release button. Has anyone else had this issue and know the fix?

Welcome Aboard Dino!

It is normal for the bolt to hold open after the magazine is empty. Most if not all semiauto firearms are designed to do that so that you know you're out of ammo and to allow you to simply change out for a fresh mag, then release the BCA to pick up a new round and continue where you left off.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles