Are we bigger than...

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Are we bigger than...

Postby the_mad_rshn » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:26 pm

Hey Brian,

I think a deer can be killed with a .223, but I also would not risk with this caliber. I have a 6.5 Grendel AR in addition :-)
What part of VA are you located in? I am in Fairfax Co.
I am looking for a private land to hunt. Do you know anybody?

Thans you, sir.
Cheers,
Mad
the_mad_rshn

Postby bushmeister » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:40 pm

thatguy wrote: Im not sure what sort of reception I will get in deer camp this yr with my 450B though.. :?

Well, the first comment I got was "what are you gonna shoot with that?" to which I replied with a grin..."anything I %$&# want." In fact, it has prompted another member to promote the "bring your biggest and baddest" weekend, where there will be some weapons along the line of 340 weatherby, 338 federal, ruger 44 mag, and of course the largest caliber in the club, the 450 bushmaster :D now for the original topic, I don't know if it's bigger, but if it isn't, it is certainly gaining steam.
bushmeister

Postby thatguy » Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:04 am

the_mad_rshn wrote:Hey Brian,

I think a deer can be killed with a .223, but I also would not risk with this caliber. I have a 6.5 Grendel AR in addition :-)
What part of VA are you located in? I am in Fairfax Co.
I am looking for a private land to hunt. Do you know anybody?

Thans you, sir.

Im in Bedford (between Roanoke and Lynchburg on Rt460 - D-Day Memorial city).. I mainly hunt in the National Forest in Amherst Co (just because my dad and his buddies, and their kids which are my buddies, still hunt there) - but the deer appear to be moving lower and lower these days.. We have tons of deer around my subdivision (ie not many homes yet, but a big farm subdivided), but have a 'no hunting' convenent.. :(

brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby talonxracer » Tue Oct 27, 2009 4:25 pm

I use the 450 for deer hunting up here in the mtns. An absolutely awesome weapon for snap shots while still hunting. It has surpassed my all time favorite deer hunting rifle, my Encore 209x50 loaded with Hornady 250grn sabots. My 450 is a very easy to handle rifle while still hunting and carries lightly, a superb brush gun and can take the bumps and thumps from hunting.
talonxracer

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles