Are we bigger than...

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Are we bigger than...

Postby the_mad_rshn » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:07 pm

Guys,

I am not sure I understand this. 450B seems to be such a popular caliber. At least this is what I made out reading the net. Looks like it is as or even more popular than the 458 SoCom and for sure it is way above the 50Beo. Why so little posts. Are we the only ones with almost no problems :-) I guess this is the only explanation.

Cheers,
Mad
Cheers,
Mad
the_mad_rshn

Re: Are we bigger than...

Postby thatguy » Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:45 am

Maybe everyone is outside sending 250gr projectiles down range instead of posting.. :D

I know I have no life.. So I stop by here several times a day to see if there are any new posts.. BUT I wish I was out shooting instead..

I find myself looking at more and more reloading posts as i decide whether to get into reloading...

That is one thing I love about ar15.com - there are always new posts to read there.. BUT most of the Big Bore posts are for the 458 Socom :evil: lol

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby 2zero6 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:40 pm

thatguy wrote:I find myself looking at more and more reloading posts as i decide whether to get into reloading...Brian

+1 here.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby jagermaster » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:28 pm

thatguy wrote:
That is one thing I love about ar15.com - there are always new posts to read there.. BUT most of the Big Bore posts are for the 458 Socom :evil: lol

Brian

+1
I do not have a problem with the 458socom but some of its fans are a little overboard.
Kind of like the 6.8spc group against the 6.5g group.
But I must say some of the 458 people were very helpful when I got started reloading for the 450bm.
I even swaped some IM with Marty.
Fore those of you who do not know who he is he developed the 458socom.
That was before I met Tim.

There is too much caliber bashing over on ar15.com
Its all my caliber is better that yours.

It cracks me up!
jagermaster

Postby the_mad_rshn » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:50 pm

It is unfortunate, but it is what it is - human nature. This is th reason why I try to own as many calibers as possible so I have them all :-D
Cheers,
Mad
the_mad_rshn

Postby MADONE64 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:48 pm

The only reason a (semi) sane person needs to buy another rifle in another caliber.

IS BECAUSE THEY MAKE ONE, AND YOU DONT HAVE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At least thats my humble take on things. ;)
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" Benjamin Franklin
MADONE64

Postby 2zero6 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:07 pm

MADONE64 wrote:The only reason a (semi) sane person needs to buy another rifle in another caliber.

IS BECAUSE THEY MAKE ONE, AND YOU DONT HAVE ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At least thats my humble take on things. ;)

The man's gotta point! I just don't understand all the caliber and platform fanatics out there. All the caliber flaming reminds me of the ridiculous AR vs. AK post wars. I guess there will always be extremists in all things but to me I would love to own every single design and in every single caliber....Make that two! It all just gets old when people keep trying to stuff their opinions down your throat (sometimes without a real solid foundation). I would much rather see people use a common ground saying "that's cool we both like to shoot!" no matter what it is.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby the_mad_rshn » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:24 pm

You guys are a nice bunch of 450iers :-) I am glad I chose this caliber too!!!
Cheers,
Mad
the_mad_rshn

Postby Siringo » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:09 am

In the November Edition of the American Rifleman, Editor -- Mark A. Keefe, IV was writing about the evolution of the AR style rifles for hunting. He extolled the virtues of his new personal favorite -- the 450 Bushmaster.
Siringo

Postby thatguy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 6:18 pm

There has been several good articles lately about the virtues and flexibility of the AR as a hunting rifle.. I have been very impressed with how positive the articles were, but a lot of ppl still think it is a 'military' rifle and can serve no other purpose.. Im not sure what sort of reception I will get in deer camp this yr with my 450B though.. :?

Personally, I wouldnt hunt deer with a 5.56 (even if it was legal in VA), so I am glad there are other bigger cartridges for the AR that I would feel comfortable with.. The 450b (and 50 Beo and 458 Socom) are probably over kill for deer around here, but at least I know the bullet wont be at fault if I have a good hit..

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Next

Return to AR15 Style Rifles