Where do I buy the black Followers?

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Where do I buy the black Followers?

Postby cowboybart » Wed Oct 23, 2019 10:31 am

Where can I find them??
Where can I find AR mags for the 450BM that hold more than 5 rounds? I contacted the highly recommended place in MI and they said 5 rounds only because we are sportsmen. Well, I want my 450 for bear protection and I want as many as will fit in the mag!
cowboybart

Re: Where do I buy the black Followers?

Postby Al in Mi » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:47 am

does bushmaster still offer a 9rd mag?

followers, use to be a guy on ebay selling them, was a couple versions, one was complete the other was a tray that sat on top of like a 223 follower.

ChamberTactical.com check these guys out
Al in Mi

Re: Where do I buy the black Followers?

Postby Bmt85 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:20 pm

ASC I believe used to make 9 or 10rd mags, then it was 7, now I believe it's only 5. JSE surplus looks like they sell some of the 7rd mags still. Don't know of anyone else making more then a 5rd 450B specific mags.

If you convert 5.56 mags, I would stick to 10, maybe 11 rds max. I have a C Products that I converted to 13, which is the absolute max you are going to fit in a 30rd 5.56 mag. From the little I used it, it worked, but honestly not worth it. I would expect to end up with feeding issues at some point with that mag. Also, don't try a 5.56 mag bigger than 30rds, it won't change anything. The bottom rounds tilt so bad, you don't gain anything.

Also, I know having as many rounds as possible in a rifle is a good idea, especially if we are talking a situation you need to use it to defend yourself against a bear. With the 450B though, it probably won't be needed if you run a good bullet. I also don't think you will get more than 5 shots off, semi accurately, before a bear gets to you. I took a black bear at about 45yds or so, with a handloaded 275 TSX. It was about 300lbs+ and one shot messed that bear up! Went in high shoulder, and out the offside arm pit. Mostly severed the trachea, damaged a lot of the heart and right lung, exit wound the size of a cueball, and started to suck the lung out the exit wound. So that bullet was capable of doing a lot more damage.
Bmt85

Return to AR15 Style Rifles