Venison hanging!

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Venison hanging!

Postby Smithjdsr » Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:18 am

I started the Saturday before Thanksgiving in Wisconsin- I still have a doe tag for Wisconsin. I’ve hunted on and off, sometimes a day and sometimes 1/2 day. Today was the last hurrah In Iowa. I was looking for venison, not necessarily leftover bone to hang on the wall. My buddy did a little better in the antler department. Pretty gratifying to teach a guy how to hunt, guide him through a build (450 Bushmaster), and then he makes good! He also found out about scope bite.

Both deer were with our Bushys. His about 60 yards offhand, mine about 80-90 yards with my right shoulder on a tree. Both pass-through. And both went about 20 yards with a great blood trail. My 225 gr reloads group slightly better than the Hornady Black factory 250’s, but they perform so well on actual deer that I don’t have the courage to switch!

Not a bad morning.

Also, how do I post pictures? Tinypic won’t let me do anything.
John

“Remember; No matter where you go, there you are.” -Buckaroo Banzai
Smithjdsr

Re: Venison hanging!

Postby Bmt85 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:44 pm

Sounds great, except for the scope bite. LOL Well, usually its funny. Saw a friend of a friend split his eyebrow open when firing a single shot 12ga with heavy slugs. There was a lot of blood, so he needed stitches, and had a good shiner.

Tiny pic hasn't worked for sometime, don't know why. I usually use Flickr. Import it, click share, then use the link for Medium size pics.
Bmt85

Postby Hoot » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:49 pm

Bmt85 wrote:Sounds great, except for the scope bite. LOL Well, usually its funny. Saw a friend of a friend split his eyebrow open when firing a single shot 12ga with heavy slugs. There was a lot of blood, so he needed stitches, and had a good shiner.

Tiny pic hasn't worked for sometime, don't know why. I usually use Flickr. Import it, click share, then use the link for Medium size pics.

Got my eyebrow split shooting a scoped Mossberg 550 with a rifled barrel and Foster slugs. Was the impetus to go and buy my first actual deer rifle.

After suffering from Tiny Pic / Photobucket abandonment then changing ISPs several times, I stumbled upon postimage.org. I've done well by them ever since. Real easy to upload, then copy and paste the direct link they provide, using the "Img" button here. You can group your images in folders for easy finding.

BTW, congrats on your deer!

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Smithjdsr » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:15 pm

https://postimg.cc/gallery/2j77kozf8/

(Trying this? Thanks, John.)
John

“Remember; No matter where you go, there you are.” -Buckaroo Banzai
Smithjdsr

Postby Hoot » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:20 pm

Smithjdsr wrote:https://postimg.cc/gallery/2j77kozf8/

(Trying this? Thanks, John.)

You posted the link to the entire folder. If you want to embed the discrete images inside the thread, you need to break them down individually. That having been said, the folder link works fine.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby SteveHlhn » Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:37 am

MmmmMmmm. I can taste that backstrap already!

Congrats on your success!
SteveHlhn

Return to AR15 Style Rifles