High Capacity Mags at Brownells 60/100

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

High Capacity Mags at Brownells 60/100

Postby mossy89 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:29 pm

I was at the site today and seem these on the main screen of brownells and wondered if they'll work with bushmaster rounds. It doesn't really say if they will or not but didn't know if any of you knew.
mossy89

Re: High Capacity Mags at Brownells 60/100

Postby Jim in Houston » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:12 pm

5.56 / 223 mags will work with the 450, which will single stack in the magazine. I just put two single round followers from Bushmaster in two of my standard mags. The 30 round mag will take 9 rounds of 450.

There is another thread on this subject at http://www.450bushmaster.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1627.

A post on this thread indicates that not mods to the follower may be necessary.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby BayouBob » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:50 pm

Whatever happened to the new followers for Thumper from Bushmaster? I haven't seen them available on their web site yet.
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby Jim in Houston » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:32 pm

Here is some information on the Bushmaster single stack followers for the 450. It is copied from another thread.

Jim in Houston wrote:They are available from Bushmaster, but hard to find on their website. It is in the Clearance section under products and is the Single-Shot Magazine Follower, Part No. SS-FOL at $13.95 each.

I bought two and installed them in two spare 30 round 5.56 mags. They roll into the mag on top of the existing follower. I haven't shot them yet, but they load hard (almost cut myself on the flanges on the top of the mag). I will get a loading device, which I think I saw on the Bushmaster website. There is a very simple one shown on http://www.bushmaster.com/products.asp?cat=9, part number UMT for $6.50, but I thought I saw a lever type similar to the LULA also. Can't find it right now. Also, when I went to manually unload the mag, the fourth and subsequent rounds had tilted in the mag. If you have a mag with an anti tilt follower, that may help, or they may not tilt when they are actually being fired.

I will report back after my first range session.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby BayouBob » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:26 pm

Thanks Jim. That's not the one I'm talking about. That is the single shot follower Bushmaster originally put in the 5 round factory mags. They were supposed to have come out with a purpose built follower for the 450 that they are using in the high cap. mags.
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby wildcatter » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:11 pm

Bob, those are all being gobbled up for the high demand magazines..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Return to AR15 Style Rifles