NcStar products

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

NcStar products

Postby mossy89 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:18 pm

I bought a quad rail from a local store the other day for $80 new. The brand was NcStar. I don't know the quality of their products but the rail is pretty sturdy and great price for someone with a tight budget. Just go to www.ncstar.com and look at their products.. Then just Google the model numbers and you'll find sights that sell it and everything is at a decent price. Again i don't know the quality but you never know till you try.
mossy89

Re: NcStar products

Postby BayouBob » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:10 pm

Their QC is hit or miss like most Chinese products. If it has glass in it and says NC Star on it don't expect much. I've bought several of their products and most work at least for a while. Watch for soft metal on screw threads etc.
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:00 am

Hey Bob, thanks for the heads up. I've been seeing that stuff at CTD
and a few other sites. I was real tempted but decided to restrain
my curiosity. After seeing what you wrote, I'm glad I just kept on
browsing down the isle.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby thatguy » Thu Feb 03, 2011 9:05 pm

Not to hijack this.. BUT the Primary Arms sells some less expensive scopes/red dots that have gotten very good reviews on ar15.com.. YOu can check on the EE and budget optics forum for reviews..

Im curious how the budget optics would handle the thump of the Thumper

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby Billsmith63 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:32 pm

I have an NC Star 3-9 scope with illuminated reticle. It has worked GREAT for the last 3 years. I use it to prop open a window that won't stay up by itself. BTW: It didn't work at all on a rifle. Wouldn't hold zero for more that 5 rounds, but as a window propper opener, it's great.
Billsmith63

Postby Civil » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:46 pm

NcStar is crap
Civil

Postby thatguy » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:09 pm

Billsmith63 wrote:I have an NC Star 3-9 scope with illuminated reticle. It has worked GREAT for the last 3 years. I use it to prop open a window that won't stay up by itself. BTW: It didn't work at all on a rifle. Wouldn't hold zero for more that 5 rounds, but as a window propper opener, it's great.

You get the LOL of the day!!
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby MR 450BUSHMASTER » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:45 pm

A close friend of mine's father has one (don't know what model) on a 300 Weatherby and has had it for the last couple years no problem. I've shot the rifle, didn't know it was an NCSTAR at the time but remember it was very clear. Don't know what model it is, but based on his experience I would not be afraid of getting one. I think they have good warranty too? Also look into Millet or Meuler stuff. Not quite as far on the low end as NCSTAR but still affordable. If you do decide to get an NCSTAR look around for someone selling with the 'add to cart to see price' option. NCSTAR has a pretty big markup to get to the MAP pricing. You can find some deals on the 'unadvertised' prices where guys are finding a way around the MAP prices to boost sales.
MR 450BUSHMASTER

Postby the_mad_rshn » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:21 pm

I got a 2.5x20 pistol scope made by them. So far, after about 200+ rounds of the 450 I still have no problems. I am surprised and happy. I guess miis or hit really is the case here.
Cheers,
Mad
the_mad_rshn

Return to AR15 Style Rifles