Looking to buy new or used ar-15 uppers

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Looking to buy new or used ar-15 uppers

Postby mossy89 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:43 pm

I was just looking around at sites and I think I may look into buying a different upper, new or used. Anyone recommend and good brands other than bushmaster or know any auctions that are live now that aren't outrageous. Thanks.
mossy89

Re: Looking to buy a cheap high quality .223 new or used

Postby Hoot » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:00 pm

"Cheap is a relative term. How about an actual max price? Folks over at the Olympic forums seem awfully fond of the "Plinker Plus" model A1 style carbine. J&S has them on special for $429.00 through the end of the month. For $200 more you can get their K3B A2 Flat Top with Magpul furniture.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Remington Ammo Cont...........

Postby go2boats » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:56 am

Called Remington this morning.........Ammo scheduled for February. They said only 100,000 rounds (each) scheduled for both the 250 &260 grain. But not to hold your breath....
Just because it's on the schedule doesn't mean it will be run. Shutting down and re-tooling for a not so popular a cartridge ...compared to running the 30-06 and .22's ....it is not a priority.

But... I will keep calling just to see if I can get a straight answer on whether or not they are dropping it.

Seems some of you have better connections to the industry....maybe you have better sources for info...........Thanks..........
go2boats

Re: Remington Ammo Cont...........

Postby wildcatter » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:52 pm

go2boats wrote:Called Remington this morning.........Ammo scheduled for February. They said only 100,000 rounds (each) scheduled for both the 250 &260 grain. But not to hold your breath....
Just because it's on the schedule doesn't mean it will be run. Shutting down and re-tooling for a not so popular a cartridge ...compared to running the 30-06 and .22's ....it is not a priority.

But... I will keep calling just to see if I can get a straight answer on whether or not they are dropping it.

Seems some of you have better connections to the industry....maybe you have better sources for info...........Thanks..........

You'd hope some of us would, but in the mean time, thanks for your intel..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Return to AR15 Style Rifles