Over-thinking recoil???

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Over-thinking recoil???

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:16 pm

wildcatter wrote:
Texas Sheepdawg wrote:This link is educational. Check out some of the recent R&D and discussions on recoil.

:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1687&p=10161#p10161

And Freema22, since your thread is discussing recoil, I have added a link to your thread
to the discussion in the link above. :mrgreen:
And once again, Welcome to our electronic camp fire! Pull up a stump!
Oh yeah, it's your turn to bring the hotdogs.
LOL!! Once again, this is our Tex-SD in action, LOL!!! I've been way to busy to come up here, much and the first thing I read is 'ol tex going at it, LoL

Indeed, Welcome 22 and "What Tex said", but where are the Somores!!!

I wouldn't do much with the buffers, that work is more for the Match guys or the Professional folks trying to slow down the system and if used by us, can make this system problematic, for it is designed for the standard AR goodies.

We can have all sorts of thoughts about recoil, but waiting until you shoot it is the best advise. Now, after that, if'n you need them, the Gunny (gunnut) has the fixes. I for one don't have a terrible problem with recoil, but I don't like it either. Gunnies system just plane works, but most of all for me, is that, On-Target fast follow-up shots, are made WAY better with his system and this is exceedingly important if you've got some kind of a critter, trying to stomp a mud hole into your Took-us..t

The last new guy that got on here brought smores. We ate those a long time ago. Guess you missed out while hiding in that basement of yours creating new frankenstien things that go BOOM.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby BillytheKid » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:20 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:The last new guy that got on here brought smores. We ate those a long time ago. Guess you missed out while hiding in that basement of yours creating new frankenstien things that go BOOM.

That would be "BANG-enstien" LOL
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:57 pm

wildcatter wrote:
Texas Sheepdawg wrote:This link is educational. Check out some of the recent R&D and discussions on recoil.

:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1687&p=10161#p10161

And Freema22, since your thread is discussing recoil, I have added a link to your thread
to the discussion in the link above. :mrgreen:
And once again, Welcome to our electronic camp fire! Pull up a stump!
Oh yeah, it's your turn to bring the hotdogs.
LOL!! Once again, this is our Tex-SD in action, LOL!!! I've been way to busy to come up here, much and the first thing I read is 'ol tex going at it, LoL

Indeed, Welcome 22 and "What Tex said", but where are the Somores!!!

I wouldn't do much with the buffers, that work is more for the Match guys or the Professional folks trying to slow down the system and if used by us, can make this system problematic, for it is designed for the standard AR goodies.

We can have all sorts of thoughts about recoil, but waiting until you shoot it is the best advise. Now, after that, if'n you need them, the Gunny (gunnut) has the fixes. I for one don't have a terrible problem with recoil, but I don't like it either. Gunnies system just plane works, but most of all for me, is that, On-Target fast follow-up shots, are made WAY better with his system and this is exceedingly important if you've got some kind of a critter, trying to stomp a mud hole into your Took-us..t

Thanks for the call, Tim. I have decided against the Enidine for Lower # 1.
Gonna save that money for something else.
I'm going with the regular A2 buffer.
Thank you for saving me over 80 bucks!
Actually would have been 160 bucks had I bought one for each lower.
And I am gonna go with Gunnuts' A1 setup. I may order an A2 and dead mule for Lower # 2.
Just waiting for the funds. They are due next week.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby C1Niner67 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:52 pm

Mako Security makes a recoil reducing six position stock http://www.makosecurity.com/Merchant2/m ... Code=_stks found here. I also placed a Gentry quite brake on mine and recoin is not bad at all. Rifle is now pleasing to shoot
Attachments
450.jpg
My 450 Bushmaster
450.jpg (44.46 KiB) Viewed 12809 times
C1Niner67

Postby Listkeeper » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:06 am

Hoot,

I see there is a slip-on version of the SIM and a screw on. Which did you use? I see there is a small, medium, and large size for the slip-on. Which fits the AR stock? The site doesn't specify.

thx
Listkeeper

Postby Hoot » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:03 pm

Listkeeper wrote:Hoot,

I see there is a slip-on version of the SIM and a screw on. Which did you use? I see there is a small, medium, and large size for the slip-on. Which fits the AR stock? The site doesn't specify.

thx

I have actually used both. The slip-on version is not unsightly and has the added benefit of being able to keep the trapdoor in an A2 stock. The screw retained version is not an exact fit and you have to tweak it a little to fit, but if you do a good job, it looks really professional. The Walmarts out by me had a Winchester branded slip-on that was made by Sims. Look Here

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby thatguy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:25 pm

Listkeeper wrote:Hoot,

thx

you can go to the LimbSaver website and print out a template of all the different sizes and see which fits the best...

On my collapsable stock I think it was medium size, but it came from walmart..

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby Hoot » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:02 am

There's a whole thread on the 10401 screw on pad somewhere.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Billsmith63 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:32 pm

I installed the Enidine hydraulic buffer in my 20" and have also tried it with a standard buffer. Can't tell any difference. If I'm hunting I only shoot one or two rounds and don't notice the recoil. At the range when I'm shooting more rounds, I wear a recoil pad on my shoulder. I wouldn't waste the money for the hydraulic buffer.
Billsmith63

Postby Listkeeper » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:18 am

Thanks Hoot and Brian, I will take a look.
Listkeeper

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles