Core_Lokts - Good vs Bad

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Core_Lokts - Good vs Bad

Postby thatguy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:34 pm

I know Remington is putting out 450B ammo with a 250gr Coke-Lokt bullet.. What are the good and bad to this bullet? How would it compare to the Hornady FTX?

Just curious

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Re: Core_Lokts - Good vs Bad

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:30 pm

I'm gonna get a box to try when I find 'um. Put 'um over the chrony. Core lokt bullets... gotta be good :? but I think they're rnd nose :)
My real interest is in the brass for reloading though ;) case capacity? wall thickness? large or small primer? ...that kinda stuff! 8-)
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Postby bushmeister » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:47 pm

I have seen many a critter killed with core lokts. (well whitetailed deer anyway) I think they keep their retention well, but in a 30-06 don't always expand reliably (based on exit wound size and distance ran, not scientific stuff)....but dead critter=good bullet IMO. I think the expansion depends on the caliber and velocity. Is there a release date on these yet? I don't think you can compare it to the hornady bullet until they are loaded in the same caliber, and it might exist, but I'm not aware of one.
Last edited by bushmeister on Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bushmeister

Postby Siringo » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:56 pm

Midway's site says they are due in on 11/13.
Siringo

Postby thatguy » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:37 pm

Siringo wrote:Midway's site says they are due in on 11/13.

a few nights ago it was 10/24ish...

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby JCoop » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:17 pm

I've shot deer (150-220lbs), boar (up to 150lbs) and a moose (750lbs) with Core-Lokts in .30-06 and everything died almost instantly. They cause pretty massive damage in the ought-6 load.
JCoop

Postby wildcatter » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:06 pm

Remington Core-Lokt's are absolutely Legendary. In a time when the premium bullets get all the press, the lowly Core-Lokt just keeps on killing with deadly aplomb! As for the 06 not expanding, that is a normal problem when 180gr bullets, designed for moose and the great bears, are used on deer. If you use 150's on deer and 165's on elk, saving the 180's and heavier bullets, for the larger critters, the Remington Core-Lokt will never fail you...The Proto-type Remmy 450's I've seen, have all been sporting a pointy type bullet (looks more like a Semi-Spitzer), I have not seen the production stuff yet.
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby thatguy » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:56 am

MB - I am assuming they are developing a new bullet for the 450B. I looked in the cabelas reloading catalog and they didnt seem to have anything that was even close 250gr .425 diamater stuff..

Brian
thatguy

Postby bushmeister » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:11 pm

It's now showing 12/4 :(
bushmeister

Postby thatguy » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:32 pm

bushmeister wrote:

It's now showing 12/4 :(

Surprise.. Surprise.. Surprise.. NOT ;)

they just need to do like all the other sites and say 'coming soon' instead of teasing us..

BTW - I did a search for the Remington Core-lokt ammo last night (i searched for it by the Remington product number and found TONS of places that were listing it that I had never heard of before) and most of the places were listing the prices in that $27 and up price range. it seems that Midway and one other place are the only ones listing it for that $24 price.. Ill be curious where it comes in at

Brian
thatguy

Next

Return to AR15 Style Rifles