New Bushmaster Mags.

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: New Bushmaster Mags.

Postby BayouBob » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:39 am

Has anybody been able to get any of the new followers?
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby Jim in Houston » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:28 pm

I got followers directly from Bushmaster. They are $13.95 in the clearance section on their website: http://www.bushmaster.com/products.asp?cat=99.

Single-Shot Magazine Follower
A blue plastic follower that installs easily inside most "AR" type .223/5.56mm magazines - allows single shot loading of extra long competition handloads that won't function in regular magazines. Shown separately and installed. Magazine not included.

MSRP: $13.95 Part No: SS-FOL
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Hoot » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:06 pm

Jim in Houston wrote:I got followers directly from Bushmaster. They are $13.95 in the clearance section on their website: http://www.bushmaster.com/products.asp?cat=99.

Single-Shot Magazine Follower
A blue plastic follower that installs easily inside most "AR" type .223/5.56mm magazines - allows single shot loading of extra long competition handloads that won't function in regular magazines. Shown separately and installed. Magazine not included.

MSRP: $13.95 Part No: SS-FOL

I think he's talking about the black one-piece followers that ship on the more recent mags, not the blue snap-over ones.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby BayouBob » Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:43 am

Yes, I was talking about the new black ones. I guess I could call them and find out for myself. Just lazy.
My Daddy was wrong when he said: "When a man turns 60 he ought to be able to trade his testicles in on a new set of teeth." Oatmeal and soup don't sound too bad.
BayouBob

Postby Hoot » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:16 am

I called and spoke to a CSR. He said they are available to order for $13.95 plus shipping and the P/N is SS-FOL

I asked him twice to verify that the P/N is not for the blue snap-over ones and he confirmed it is the black one currently shipping with new mags.

The shipping is the worst part. Best price per unit seems to be when 7 are ordered at $15.59 each as opposed to $20.45 for 1. Sounds like a good group buy deal. The leader could then ship them to the participants in a bubble envelope for $1.29 each. Perhaps one of our members has a discount with them and could help out...cough..Tim..cough.

Hoot
Last edited by Hoot on Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby tacster » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:04 am

i did the same thing. mine only fit 4. now fits 6-7
tacster

Postby jmontgomery » Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:08 am

I'd be in for a group buy.
jmontgomery

Postby Jailer » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:36 pm

Rutroe wrote:I received my new upper this week. I tried to put the 5 rounds in the magazine but it would only hold 4. So I tore it apart and there is a new style follower in it than is described in the paperwork with the upper. Has anybody else seen this or had problem with this.

This follower has been shipping for over a year now.

http://450bushmaster.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=379
Jailer

Postby mnhornet » Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:41 am

Does anybody have a source for single stack followers? This was relevant when I posted it. :roll:
The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.
mnhornet

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles