dip, coat, paint brake

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: dip, coat, paint brake

Postby wildcatter » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:13 pm

Hoot wrote:
Texas Sheepdawg wrote:Hey hoot, where do you find that Parkerizing stuff and how small
Of a bottle of that stuff can you buy? My Chrome Moly Ross should
be here tomorrow or Saturday.

I bought a bottle of concentrate from Midway or Brownells, I forget. Makes a couple of gallons. I've been working off of that bottle for years. Sure does a good job if you totally degrease the surface and are relatively close with the temperature.

Hoot

Of course I too parkerize, and buy the stuff by the fifty gal drum, on occasion, but I like the car-care products, for the most part, can't beat the prices, by comparison. Y'all might give Hy-Temp Header paint a go, I like it allot. Degrease as usual, put the brake on a coat hanger (for the Bushmeister, that's a steel coat hanger..wink), warm it up in your kitchen over, run outside and paint it, you'll love the results and touch-ups are a snap. A can will last several life times and costs, well less than $12 bucks and sometimes allot less (http://www.simsupply.com/Items/435933).

Post Script... Speaking to Automotive Products, in firearm uses.. Truck-Paint has Camo-Colors (or close to it) and little rubber gobs in the paint itself, that grip your hand like an over-molded stock does, again really cheap and really good to boot (example- here's enough to do a dozen stocks - http://www.bing.com/shopping/1-duplicol ... &FORM=HURE).

I'll take say, an M1Carbine stock, using the directions and the wife's oven, I'll spray on "Easy-Off" Oven Cleaner, to the grease soaked stock. The stock in minutes comes out as clean as a whistle, this is really the lazy-mans way, but hey. Then spray on the Mulit-Colored Trunk Paint, bingo, you've got a very functional beauty, with a very little time or energy to get there, to boot.

An examination of the various Car Products, can save you a heap of Time & Money and best of all, who here is not minutes from a automotive parts house?

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Re: dip, coat, paint brake

Postby gunnuttwo » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:09 pm

Hoot wrote:
I bought a bottle of concentrate from Midway or Brownells, I forget. Makes a couple of gallons. I've been working off of that bottle for years. Sure does a good job if you totally degrease the surface and are relatively close with the temperature.

Hoot

Maybe everyone needs to send you their parts and when you get enough, you could mix up a batch and do them all. I just got my bushy and will have to wait a couple of months to get my brake. Keep up the discussions on the brakes so I can get the "best-est" when I decide to brake down and spend the cash.
I promise to keep my (painted) fingers (nails) off and not hide it under my (finger) cot.
gunnuttwo

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles