450 Bushmaster Upper On Sale

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 450 Bushmaster Upper On Sale

Postby wildcatter » Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:26 pm

Colohunter wrote:I am assuming that the dust cover snaps shut on all of your uppers? The metal around the ball detent is indentented on mine, binding the actuall detent. The result, the dust cover won't snap shut. Just wanted to make sure that is not right before I contact Bushmaster. I didn't know if that was intentional due to the enlarged ejection port.

The Dust Cover is Designed to function as normal..

Hey JCoop.. Just a light ding here..One of the reasons the Mudders Web Board works as it does, is because we are trying to keep it Clean and Professional The Real JCoop would have jumped all over your comment about your Mom and besides I revere in Mothers and want them treated with respect.. Nuff said..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Hoot » Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:20 am

Out of fairness, I wanted to let folks know that Ballistic Advantage got back to me today. If anyone is considering ordering a barrel/bolt combination from them, I spoke with Adam today and he said all of his 450B blanks are "spoken for". He said it would be the last week in May or the First week in June before he could get more blanks from Douglas and make someone a 450B barrel. He did say he can make them up to 24" long if you want. I asked MGI if they could make barrels longer than the short 16" carbine and they said to try Lothar Walther. My impression is that they buy theirs already cut, crowned and threaded from Walther and are only resellers. Several 450B complete upper resellers I've contact in the past week said you have to pay in advance and wait up to 3 months to get your upper. I suppose this is all a sign of the times. Talk about missing the bus... :roll:
Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby gotzox » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:09 pm

To anyone interested,

The Bushmaster site is offering the 450 upper for $499 until March 31, but there is a 30-45 working day shipping delay. Still a great deal. I ordered a 20", the 16" maybe longer.

Orra
gotzox

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles