450 Bushmaster Upper On Sale

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 450 Bushmaster Upper On Sale

Postby JCoop » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:00 pm

I highly recommend that you have optics/irons and ammo prepared for when it arrives. I wasn't quite ready when mine got here and I am jonesin to shoot this puppy!

Although, actually, it seems like it would be a bad mamma jamma of a house gun with no sights whatsoever for under 10 yards when the baddies try to come take your MREs 8-)

BTW, page three be mine, suckas! :P
JCoop

Postby thebrassnuckles » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:55 pm

i got mine!! woo. i need sights!!!!!! aaahg.
thebrassnuckles

Postby Colohunter » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:11 pm

I am assuming that the dust cover snaps shut on all of your uppers? The metal around the ball detent is indentented on mine, binding the actuall detent. The result, the dust cover won't snap shut. Just wanted to make sure that is not right before I contact Bushmaster. I didn't know if that was intentional due to the enlarged ejection port.
Colohunter

Postby dcbeattie » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:22 pm

Mine snaps shut....
Duke Beattie
Are we having fun yet?
dcbeattie

Postby thatguy » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:49 pm

thebrassnuckles wrote:i got mine!! woo. i need sights!!!!!! aaahg.

I ended up with Yankee Hill Machine foldable iron sights for mine.. Got a great deal off ebay from a gun dealer going out of business and the other I got from an online dealer..

I really wanted to use the MBUS but wasnt sure if the rear would line up with the gas block front sight, so I went YHM all the way..

I could not keep the rear sight on with the scope mounted though.. I need to get it sighed in as well

good luck

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby YoteAddict » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:31 am

Last of the Fall Sale...my 450 Bushmaster carbine order placed back on November 30, just shipped today! February 25

Looking forward to its arrival and to setting it up...

Is anybody else left waiting for their Fall Sale 450?
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.
YoteAddict

Postby thebrassnuckles » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:15 am

holy jeez. you just got yours? thats nuts!
i am glad i jumped on it quick.
thebrassnuckles

Postby rugger16 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:20 am

I ordered late in the month, but I got mine in the two week window that they were quoting. Did you get the 16" or the 20"? I got the 20, might have been lower demand on the 20.

Did they tell you what the hold up was?
rugger16

Postby Hoot » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:44 pm

rugger16 wrote:...snip...Did they tell you what the hold up was?

They're stocking up for the 2010 Tax Time sale in March :)
At least I hope so. I'm sitting here with my lower ready to go. Everybody I have checked with is out of stock on them, even at list price. So let's see. I order it at the end of March and maybe I'll get it by the 4th of July. :roll: A month ago, when I was debating on which of the three Thumpers to get, there were plenty of them around. Now that I've saved up enough money to get the 450B, they dry up. Plenty of 458S and 50B uppers out there. This is how my luck more often than not, goes. ;)
If I just wanted the short carbine version, I'd order a barrel/bolt combo from MGI, but I want the full size rifle model. Ballistic Advantage offers a combo cut to the length you want, but does not answer their emails or phone. You'd think with all the economic downturn, there would be job shops dying to sell product. It eludes me...
Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby YoteAddict » Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:15 pm

rugger16 wrote:Did they tell you what the hold up was?

No. I didn't ask. Since it's not my first 450 Bushmaster AR, I was more than happy to defer payment until it shipped and the longer it took, the better. For that price, I'm buyin'. See if I say that next time they go on sale... :D
When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.
YoteAddict

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles