ND3 Plus 450 BM

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

ND3 Plus 450 BM

Postby MR 450BUSHMASTER » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:28 pm

Gentlemen,

Just finished putting together a lower assembly for my 450. Until now I've been shooting it by slapping the upper on my camo remington lower! Anyhow, I made this thing to shoot hogs in Texas. Day time I've got no problem with iron sights. Anyone used an ND3 (by Laser Genetics) on theirs to night hunt? I'll probably pick up a scope for use at night, but I guess just want to hear what anyone has to say about those laser designators.

Bill
MR 450BUSHMASTER

Re: ND3 Plus 450 BM

Postby Rutroe » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:43 pm

I do know that is a BSA company. I was looking into one ,but I read a bunch of reviews that the pressure switch went bad quickly. Check reviews at Cabelas site.
Rutroe

Postby wildcatter » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:54 pm

MR 450BUSMASTER wrote:Gentlemen,

Just finished putting together a lower assembly for my 450. Until now I've been shooting it by slapping the upper on my camo remington lower! Anyhow, I made this thing to shoot hogs in Texas. Day time I've got no problem with iron sights. Anyone used an ND3 (by Laser Genetics) on theirs to night hunt? I'll probably pick up a scope for use at night, but I guess just want to hear what anyone has to say about those laser designators.

Bill

I've been wondering about it as well. If pressure switches are bad, I'm sure they will replace them. It"d be nice if we could get a first hand report here..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby MR 450BUSHMASTER » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:54 pm

Gentlemen,

Well, I just today ordered the ND3X50. I'll throw it on a scope and glass around the neighborhood at night and pass on a report hopefully this weekend.

Bill
MR 450BUSHMASTER

Postby xxInfidelxx » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:28 pm

Interested in hearing your results. Was going to get one for night hunting coyotes and racoons at my mom's place in Cumberland,VA. She's had a problem with them killing her chickens and Peacock's. Backed out after hearing bad reviews.
xxInfidelxx

Postby MR 450BUSHMASTER » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:08 pm

I'll pass on the review of how well it illuminates, but it'll be a while before I can tell you if it spooks game. I read a lot of mixed reviews myself, so I'm a little worried about it to be honest. I have an overnight hog hunt the beginning of May so should have something after that night about how it works with hogs. Coyotes - could be totally different. Maybe I can test it somehow on my Vizsla before then?
MR 450BUSHMASTER

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:06 pm

If I remember correctly, I saw some videos on YouTube where
some guys were using them. Type in ND3 is search and
see what pops up.
I'm using a GEN. 1 ATN MK 350 night vision scope on
my XM15 and my 450 Bushmaster to monitor night activity
around my goat pasture at night. Works pretty good,
out to about 150 yards.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby MR 450BUSHMASTER » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:40 pm

Got it (ND3X50) in the mail today. First thing that surprised me was that although it came with 2 batteries, there was no charger. I threw the supplied batteries in - it takes 2 of the fancy type batteries (lithium ion or something). I put it on a 40mm Bushnel Elite 4200. I have a big drainage way in my backyard and there is a big culvert probably just shy of 100 yards. Looking through the scope even with the full moon tonight was pirch black. Turned on the ND3 and I could have counted the pebbles and blades of grass around the culvert. Very impressed. I was planning on getting a new scope for use with it (50mm or better) to help gather light but am not going to bother. I also thought I'd need an illuminated recticle but don't think I'll need that either. I'll update this thread when I get a chance to sit down with a range finder and get some info on some longer ranges. Maybe I'll need a larger scope to get more light and an illuminated recticle but I doubt it. Only had a few minutes out there (wife) tonight but should have more data soon. I will also mount it to something and walk out to where it is illuminating and try to get some photos. We'll see if that works, but will at least be able to give the report.

On a side note - this thing will work awesome mounted to a stabiliser on a bow...

Bill
MR 450BUSHMASTER

Postby wildcatter » Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:17 am

MR 450BUSHMASTER wrote:Got it (ND3X50) in the mail today. First thing that surprised me was that although it came with 2 batteries, there was no charger. I threw the supplied batteries in - it takes 2 of the fancy type batteries (lithium ion or something). I put it on a 40mm Bushnel Elite 4200. I have a big drainage way in my backyard and there is a big culvert probably just shy of 100 yards. Looking through the scope even with the full moon tonight was pirch black. Turned on the ND3 and I could have counted the pebbles and blades of grass around the culvert. Very impressed. I was planning on getting a new scope for use with it (50mm or better) to help gather light but am not going to bother. I also thought I'd need an illuminated recticle but don't think I'll need that either. I'll update this thread when I get a chance to sit down with a range finder and get some info on some longer ranges. Maybe I'll need a larger scope to get more light and an illuminated recticle but I doubt it. Only had a few minutes out there (wife) tonight but should have more data soon. I will also mount it to something and walk out to where it is illuminating and try to get some photos. We'll see if that works, but will at least be able to give the report.

On a side note - this thing will work awesome mounted to a stabiliser on a bow...

Bill

This is great data and a real help. Sure is nice to have a place, on the web, wherein we can discuss things, without all the hateful hyperbole, so often witnessed on the other channels..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby BillytheKid » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:56 am

I would be particularly interested to know if it scares away the animals? The reviews I have found are trending that way.

Bill
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Next

Return to AR15 Style Rifles