Ammo - best price I found instock this weekend

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Ammo - best price I found instock this weekend

Postby BD1 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:50 pm

Anybody heard whether the Remington brass will be large, or small, primer?
BD
BD1

Location: Northern Maine, Working on the coast, but home is still Moosehead Lake.

Postby thatguy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:10 pm

bushmeister wrote:One option everyone should try... Talk to your local gun shop and see what they can do. I'm buying from mine, and paying $27/box with no shipping. It never hurts to support your local businesses if they can be competitive. :)

that is a good idea and would generate some goodwill for you from them.. I will check around and see what prices I can get..

brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby gunnut » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:26 pm

Ordered 10 boxes from the local gun shop. 3 Day's and $26.75 out the door. It does help to have a relationship with your local store.

2zero6 wrote:
bushmeister wrote:One option everyone should try... Talk to your local gun shop and see what they can do. I'm buying from mine, and paying $27/box with no shipping. It never hurts to support your local businesses if they can be competitive. :)

Same here. Usually $26.99 / box and they always keep at least 5 boxes in stock for me.
gunnut

Postby bushmeister » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:31 pm

Well, I don't know if anyone has noticed, but just about everyone is out of stock. I guess the remington announcement has gotten quite a bit of activity going. My local shop still has about 6 boxes, and I would prefer to keep them on their inventory if possible, but I might have to snag them up if the remy ammunition doesn't show. :?
bushmeister

Postby bushmeister » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:36 pm

FYI, I scanned the barcode with the shop savy app on my smartphone, and it actually gave me several options! all of which were out of stock, but prices in the sub $29 range (not including shipping). Hinterland Outfitters 27.95, Ammo Sale 28.19 LG outdoors 28.47. Of course it might as well be $12 if they don't have any.
bushmeister

Postby wildcatter » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:36 am

bushmeister wrote:Well, I don't know if anyone has noticed, but just about everyone is out of stock. I guess the Remington announcement has gotten quite a bit of activity going. My local shop still has about 6 boxes, and I would prefer to keep them on their inventory if possible, but I might have to snag them up if the remy ammunition doesn't show. :?

You are quite right, my friend and this is a welcomed concern within the Industry, one that has no end, but is very profitable as it is addressed. Now with Remy in the action, so many of our Bothers-in-Big-Bores (I say Big-Bores, because since the late 1800's and the 45-70 the trend has been to make the calibers smaller and smaller, that my Friends is and has been changing. The rediscovery of Big-Bores is at hand, but this time it will be with fat, fast moving bullets, something that has never really been seen before and you are the Developers), but I digress. Those new guys are going to take the plunge, with their pocket book and even more shortages will occur, which then will cause more options to be offered, in both guns, ammo and accessories, then more shortages because of even more New-Buyer interest, then more options will be offered, followed by more New-Buyers...and on and on and on, like a revolving door..get it, WE, here on the Mudders Board, are on the front edge of a tidal-wave and interested Industry eyes are on your work (believe me are they ever interested), even as I write this and as long as we can keep it Clean and Professional (something that was stressed to me on many occasions this last week), without all the bickering crud the other boards are so fond of (which is why many in the Industry have left those boards), but because of your Gentlemanly Manors, they will listen to you (which is why when we have a digression and we will, you must, with great respect and restraint, console and correct their manors, but do it very genteelly). I told many of those skeptical Industry Giants, burned out on the other channels, that here-in lies the greatest single purpose R&D Engineering Group on the Planet and because I said it, they took great notice and "Will" lurk here.. Now show'em what you are made of and together we will change the Shooting World!! Think not? Chew on this for a moment..

Just a few short years ago it was Verboten to have a black rifle in the Camp (a.k.a.-Jim Zumbo). Now days, you are actually somebody if you show up with one and soon you wont be nobody, if you don't have one in Camp. See, every military design went through the same teething problems with acceptance in the Hunting Community, because of our traditional standards, but eventually those Ladder-Day Black Designs crossed over and then we made great forward strides ever time that happened, which then effected even greater military developments (another revolving-door).

The M-16 was very Verboten, by the Zumbo types (but even he became converted and eventually saw the light), until recently. You should have heard all the negatives I got in the first ten years, it was fantastically over-the-top-terrible. The 45 Professional changed all that, before the Pro, there was really only the 223 or like cartridges, now witness the explosion in all the calibers, inspired by the Pro and which one is still on the top of the heap, as the ultimate Hunting platform, that also works equally as well for Police/Spec-Ops?? Well, you know which one and you get the idea here.. Holy Cow I'm so tired, I'm just rambling here, sorry guys, but one last prediction. The shortages, I predict, will culminate in you and your kids eventually seeing 450b shells in all the back-water country stores, just like you see 22's, 30-30's 308/06's 12/20ga now, and you will tell your grandkids, that you helped in a big way to do that and they will fight over your personal Self-Chucker-Big-Bore-Smoke-Pole, when you pass on. Which is why you might want to personalize it now, with your name and date..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:21 pm

:D Amen brother... I scooped up the last case at my son's store last month. :? might sound silly :roll: but i'm still in the "experimental" stage handloading for my bushy :| still haven't settled on a favorite yet :) tried the 200gr ftx (460), 250 ftx (factory) waiting on the 452" 225 ftx (LongColt) thinking about the barnes offerings now :shock: Dang it's gonna take more shooting to find one :mrgreen:
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Postby Jailer » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:38 pm

In stock. I've ordered from here a few times with good results. They take a few days to ship but you'll get it if it's listed.

http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/index.php/cName/rifle-ammo-450-bushmaster
Jailer

Postby dcbeattie » Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:04 pm

I order from these guys.. they seem to only have 5 left right now....
http://www.outdoormarksman.com/product_ ... s_id=90241
Duke Beattie
Are we having fun yet?
dcbeattie

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles