First hunt with the 450

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: First hunt with the 450

Postby wildcatter » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:02 am

talonxracer wrote:I took a doe on saturday to fill the doe tag. She was about 60 yards away in some rather dense brush, quartering towards me, I was standing and had no rest. I tried for a neck shot but hit her a little lower in the facing shoulder, the round shattered the facing shoulder and continued on and blew the top of the heart away, then entered the opposing shoulder were it devastated everything. My buddy that cuts up our deer found the slug, he was amazed at the devastation caused by the factory 450 round. I have to go over tomorrow and get the slug and take a pic.

Way to go guys, and I hope you can weigh the bullet for us so we can get additional ideas! The bushmeister's chest shots are very impressive and again demonstrates what many of us have seen. Chest shots, usually, in any other cartridge, results in some pretty severe tracking, something I wanted to pretty much to eliminate originally. It's good to see the bushmeister and some of you other guys are keeping the mystique alive and well..."if it's brown it's down", with an emphasis on the down part.. Now as the season is drawing to an end I hope to get detailed range reports, about the hunt, and the table reports will be fun too, just make sure add your favorite recipe to the sordid details..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles