Any reloading services??

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Any reloading services??

Postby thatguy » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:08 pm

Cruising the AR15 website I found a post talking about the 458 Socom ammo which led to a website that will reload your brass and save you the cost of brass and the 11% excise tax..

Are there any places that do that for the 450B??

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Re: Any reloading services??

Postby wildcatter » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:18 pm

thatguy wrote:Cruising the AR15 website I found a post talking about the 458 Socom ammo which led to a website that will reload your brass and save you the cost of brass and the 11% excise tax..

Are there any places that do that for the 450B??

Brian

Ask them to get some 450b dies and you'll send them the brass?? I guess?
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby thatguy » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:38 pm

I sent them an email and asked if they would consider it..

Do these calculations look correct??

Based on the SBRammunition.com website:

It would appear that you could save about $.78/shot or $15.60 box reusing brass (based on midway current cost for virgin brass) and another +/- $2.50 on the excise tax (11% on the selling price on new ammo based on $24/box sales price).. Based on new average cost of $27/box - a reloading service would bring that down to around $9/box..

BUT brass at wholesale prices would be much lower AND the excise tax may be on the wholesale price as well..

For $10/box I would probably not even consider reloading..

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby thatguy » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:13 am

I heard back from SBR-USA (sbrammunition.com) this morning and they said they are looking into reloading for the 450B but it would be after the first of the year at the earliest..

that seems to be good news for those of us that dont reload

Brian
thatguy

Postby MudBug » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:12 pm

Very cool news.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby Md 25v » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:13 pm

Any updates? I was about to order dies when I came across this thread. Has anyone heard weather they decided to do 450b ?
Md 25v

Postby thatguy » Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:50 am

Md 25v wrote:Any updates? I was about to order dies when I came across this thread. Has anyone heard weather they decided to do 450b ?

I checked out there website a week or so ago.. the had a message posted that they had temporarily stopped their 458S reloading service to catch on the backorders.. but as soon as the backorder cleared up they would restart 458S reloading.. There was no mention of 450B reloading though :-(

My thoughts are - If they are having trouble keeping up with 458S reloads, i would guess they would not undertake another cartridge at this time..

brian
thatguy

Return to AR15 Style Rifles