sling, sight plane, & muzzle brake suggestions

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

sling, sight plane, & muzzle brake suggestions

Postby tkknc » Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:43 pm

I just got my 450 bushmaster together, and there a few things I would like to change.

What do you recommend for a single point sling?

The sight plane is too low, I need to raise my sight plane. What do you recommend? I want something solid that does not walk.

The compensator looks like a flash hider to me (no plate and hole in the front). What do you recommend for a compensator.

thanks
tkknc

Re: sling, sight plane, & muzzle brake suggestions

Postby Hoot » Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:08 pm

For a good value on a good muzzle brake, This is what you want. Read what fellow members have said about it in the thread. As far as a sling, I'm not a tacticool guy, so you'll need the opinions of others on that one. As for raising the optic or red dot, I'm a big fan of YHM either discrete pair or single rail. Great quality for the price. This Guy sells their stuff for a very good price and most orders ship free. I am not affiliated with either of these folks, just believe in giving a "shout out" for good service at good prices.

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby thatguy » Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:33 pm

I am using a single point sling that I made myself right now.. It started out as a 2 or 3 pt tactical sling, from a post on the ar15 forum ( hooks around the buttstock and the fore end - but it was made so you could pull one leg and you could shorten it)

I like the single point a LOT better than i do the typical sling - I like it so it will hang by myside as I walk thru the woods.. I am using a CAA stock that has a detachable sling point - BUT you can also buy the sling plates that mount just in front of the stock..

As for a raising the sight plane - you need to consider if you want quick-detach (some will return close to zero) or not.. Prices will be all over the place depending on what mfg you look at.. YHM makes some moderate priced stuff that is good quality.. the higher end will be Larue Tactical etc..

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:32 am

I love my Ross Brake.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Rutroe » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:37 pm

If you plan on using the red dot scope. You can buy a riser spacer to raise that red dot up. I use a scope on mine so I just use a RRA mount that makes it the right height.
Rutroe

Return to AR15 Style Rifles