Remington Ammo

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Remington Ammo

Postby go2boats » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:35 am

Just got off the phone with Remington in Lanoke , AR.....

450 Bushmaster Ammo started running last week.....! ! ! ! I will keep in touch with them to see when and to whom it ships......Hopefully we can pick up a few boxes.....

Save me some.........Thanks.........

More later.........
go2boats

Re: Remington Ammo

Postby Siringo » Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:41 am

I am interested in seeing how it will shoot. The bullet with the plastic nose has a weight variation (my samples) of 5 grains.
Siringo

Postby wildcatter » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:28 pm

go2boats wrote:Just got off the phone with Remington in Lanoke , AR.....

450 Bushmaster Ammo started running last week.....! ! ! ! I will keep in touch with them to see when and to whom it ships......Hopefully we can pick up a few boxes.....

Save me some.........Thanks.........

More later.........

You're doing God's work for us, thank you..t

Siringo.. I find the points have zero effect, with the type of variation you're talking about. However, the slightest scratch to the base, where the air flows off, will have profound, negative effects. Remmy assures me, that the accuracy of this new bullet is far improved over the Hornady, guess we'll see, for lab results can be far different than the field experience we'll be putting it through..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Siringo » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:25 pm

T -- the weight results were with the entire bullet, not just the plastic tip. Hornady's ammo is MOA stuff -- so Remmy has a huge hurdle. With my loads I got 1 1/2 inch to 2 inch groups at 2200 fps -- I will admit very limited testing. But ballistically --- at least off the figures on the box -- these bullets are not as good as the Hornadys.

ANYONE WHO BUYS THESE --- pull a bullet and see if it measures .452". My pulled bullets from the shotgun ammo measured .4505 inches -- not conducive to accuracy. I hope they changed that.
Siringo

Return to AR15 Style Rifles