CONGRATULATIONSS!!!!

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

CONGRATULATIONSS!!!!

Postby wildcatter » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:26 pm

Howdy back at ya MB, now MB might stand for MudBug, to some folks, but I think it stands for MasterBlaster!!

You're the greatest, way to go!! This looks great. I do have a few suggestions and I'll post them over in your forum for them. But I would indeed like permission to go off topic just this once.

You have done a marvelous thing here. The advancements we do here will set new horizons in the weapons industry, it already has and much more is coming. This will attract all manor of experts and the work here will be a Marvelous Work and a Wonder for many, including I. There will be much controversy, not by us, for there are many Jealous Nay Sayers, who will remain in the darken background, and much will be settled here, advancements in the art will be many and learning will always be the ultimate goal. I know that Learning is the thing you and I share most and you have put it up on the High Road, here, TODAY!

I read your if-and-or-buts when I registered. They were short, to the point, and very good. I have only one real suggestion, at this time.

The attraction I spoke of will attract, in part, some serious Crumbesians and you might like to include some verbiage, in multiple places throughout this site, to enunciate our importance as Gentlemen, and as such should always conduct ourselves as such and to do otherwise, will not be tolerated, with you as the final Last-Word Arbitrator, in such matters. As an example, my dear friend Col. Jeff Cooper, was so abhorrent to cursing, that target score points were detracted if inappropriate language or conduct was observed and if you kept it up, you were shown the gate. The crude acts of Neanderthals are not the acts of real men and are better left to the other weapons sites and their out of control "Moderators", as was just seen on another well know site.

This has been a great day for me. My Father-in-Law I spent the today, the anniversary of D-DAY, at a WW-II encampment/reenactment on a beautiful Michigan Day, saw lots of cool stuff and running Military vehicles. I came home to my beautiful wife, shared some cool things her father told me about and now this. It indeed has been a good day!

Congratulations MB and all Accolades are yours my Friend.

Safety First..t

P.S.. I'd like to be your first paying customer and advertise here, this will bring many others. What are you going to do with all that money? You going to have to hire Sarah Brady or somebody like that, that won't be shooting, so you'll have time to shoot yourself..wink..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Re: CONGRATULATIONSS!!!!

Postby MudBug » Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:57 pm

Thanks, and Thanks for the ideas and the offer, I will consider all of them.

From what I have noticed, most of the people interested in the 450b seem to be a more mature bunch that the avg firearms forum denizens so hopefully we won't have to many problems, I will add a filter for the most extreme cuss words though just in case.

I hadn't considered advertising, but I guess I should look at how I can implement the ads.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby wildcatter » Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:15 am

MudBug wrote:From what I have noticed, most of the people interested in the 450b seem to be a more mature bunch that the avg firearms forum denizens so hopefully we won't have to many problems, ..

You know you are right. The Cal-guns site that did the 450b reloading post is the biggest they have ever had and we had no real problems...

Safety First..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby 450Boomer » Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:42 am

MudBug wrote:Thanks, and Thanks for the ideas and the offer, I will consider all of them.

From what I have noticed, most of the people interested in the 450b seem to be a more mature bunch that the avg firearms forum denizens so hopefully we won't have to many problems, I will add a filter for the most extreme cuss words though just in case.

I hadn't considered advertising, but I guess I should look at how I can implement the ads.

Thanks MudBug,

I agree with you, the net is full of kids being kids in the AR forums. Most of the stuff posted in the 450b Cal site thread is technical and of little interest to the gamer crowd. Time will tell, if the content here is kept along the lines of the Cal site thread there will be very few problems and "loads" of content.

I look forward to enjoying our adventures ahead.

Boomer
Lever actions are my passion.
450Boomer

Postby BD1 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:03 pm

Good Job MudBug ! Ah yeah, another forum to figure out. I'm pretty nearly an "old fart", and no expert at computer stuff, but I'll do my best. Luckily my written speech is considerably more civilized than how I speak in an unguarded moment FTF so I may make it here without upsetting Wildcatter.

One forum convention that I have seen help keep everything civilized is to set aside one "room" where all political and religious discussion goes. If other views offend you, just don't go there. Any of that stuff appearing anywhere else is deleted or moved.
I don't envy anyone the job of running one of these things. If you post a mailing address I'll send along a donation. I'm sure this isn't free.

Is the thread from Calguns gonna be kept alive? Or is the discussion moving here, lock, stock and barrel?
BD
BD1

Location: Northern Maine, Working on the coast, but home is still Moosehead Lake.

Postby MudBug » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:51 pm

As far as donations go, I will think about adding a paypal option or something else later if it becomes required. I appreciate the offers, but in reality I had this webspace for awhile now that I got at a bargain 3 year price. I had planned to use it for something else but it never happened and I'm just glad it's now being used.

I put a link to the calguns thread on the front page and I'll add it to the links bar at the top of the forum also. Too much info there to have it just go away. I'm hoping that once I get this knowledge base working some of you that have done so much work over there will drag your info over here in the form of articles for the Knowledge Base.

Right now I will just leave an off topic forum for all other discussion, if I find it's needed I will add a heated topics forum.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Return to AR15 Style Rifles