No Joy in NH

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

No Joy in NH

Postby JCoop » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:35 pm

Ordered my upper a week ago and am still, sadly, absent said upper. Yes, yes, I know they said two weeks, but I am jonesin for this puppy! :shock:
JCoop

Re: No Joy in NH

Postby thatguy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:19 pm

Patience Grasshopper.. LOL

Have you started pricing/ordering all the extras that new upper will need? mags/buis/sling/scope/rings/etc that will help pass the time away..

OTHERWISE - just spend that time smiling, knowing that I paid $799 for the same upper in October, and think of the money you saved HEHE

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby MudBug » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:43 pm

ammo

Hunt down and stockpile ammo. If you reload do the same for components.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby JCoop » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:58 pm

$799! :o

Wow. So this was a pretty good sale price. Awesome.

And yeah, I'm researching optics in particular. Shots out to 200 yards? Does anybody make a tough 1-3X? Got an A2 stock ordered that is probably at my PO box already. I have 80 rounds ordered that ought to have been here by now. Need to research a good hunting sling. Does anybody make a heavy interdiction round for taking out.... uhhhh... I didnt type that 8-)

Reloading is starting to look more practical all the time...

I need to quit working so I can spend more time screwing around with guns :mrgreen:

Edit for typo:
JCoop

Postby thatguy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:32 pm

yes JCoop - I did type $799 - When i decided I had to have a 450B I waited until October thinking they may put it on sale, but when the didnt I ordered it from Cabelas.. the Bushmaster sale is a GREAT sale...

As far as scopes go, a lot of ppl recommend using shotgun/muzzleloader scopes that are made to handle the extra recoil. I had a 2.5 to 7 simmons whitetail classic I was going to use, but it only had 3" of eye relief and I was a little scared that eye relief wasnt going to be enough..I am using a Nikon Prostaff 2-7 on my muzzle loader and it has about 3.5 to 4" eye relief, but I ended up putting a Nikon Omega 3-9 (non bdc) on the 450B and it has a 5" eye relief.. the omega was on sale at Natchezss for $139..
Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby JCoop » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:41 pm

That's not a bad price for a Nikon, I don't think. Is it still there for that price?
JCoop

Postby thatguy » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:27 pm

JCoop wrote:That's not a bad price for a Nikon, I don't think. Is it still there for that price?

The Natchez regular price (and the price of a few places online) for the scope is $230ish, so $139 is a great price I thought..

As of tonite the price is still $140... This scope has about 5" of eye relief so it really sits forward - I am using a collapsible stock so that make getting the correct length of pull much easier.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?co ... le%20Matte

while you are at Natchez you may want to orders some Warne ultra high QD rings to go with the scope.. I think I paid around $80 for one set a while back and they are on sale for $70.. I have removed/reinstalled these rings and the zero did not change..

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?co ... TRA%20HIGH

happy shopping

Brian
thatguy

Postby JCoop » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:38 pm

The Eagle Has Landed! This is one badass looking rifle!

I only got to mess with it for a few minutes and had trouble pushing the rear pin through the upper (it wouldn't go through) .... have to investigate tomorrow. Damn, I like the looks of this upper. The maw this thing has looks enormous. Can't wait to shoot it.
JCoop

Return to AR15 Style Rifles