First Mulie

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

First Mulie

Postby Baxter » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:53 pm

150 yds, he may be small, but he is in the truck.Image
Baxter

Re: First Mulie

Postby thatguy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:35 pm

Congrats on that kill.. Where did you shoot him? what was the exit hole like? How far did he travel? where you using mfg ammo? Details, we need more details..

I never make fun of size (and that is all that I asked of all the women i dated before finding my wife LOL), I shoot more for meat than trophy. I just try to not have to wipe the milk off its lips before I field dress it.. LOL

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby 450-boy » Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:20 pm

Baxter wrote:150 yds, he may be small, but he is in the truck.[ http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/Baxter75th/IMG_0215.jpg ]

:evil:

Congratulation:D Mulies are not easy.

What kind of reciever sights are you using, and is your Thumper a 16" or 20"?

Once again great job and thank you for sharing.
450-boy

Postby JCoop » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:05 pm

Hey, 150 yards with iron sights on a small target is a trophy. Hell, any deer is a trophy - they see better, smell better, hear better and are on their home turf. We can't see well, hear well, stink to the high heavens and are in an alien environment - sorta. Congratulations!

My first deer was last year and I took it with a stick! It weighed 60lbs gutted. What was it? A trophy! :D And it was awesome eating.

ETA: And you took it with an AR platform! That much closer to "main streaming" our beloved rifles.
JCoop

Postby Baxter » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:24 pm

Thanks.He was hit in the neck.Exit hole wasn't too large, maybe double the entry. He was dead right there, fell like a bag of flour. My sights are larue tactical rear and yankee hill front sight. Factory hornady ammo. Thumper is 16 inch.
Last edited by Baxter on Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Baxter

Postby MADONE64 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:39 am

Congrats on the kill!!!
Anything taken with irons is a trophy in my book>
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" Benjamin Franklin
MADONE64

Postby thatguy » Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:03 am

its 5am EST now.. Im up eating breakfast and heading to the woods shortly.. Here it is 2 deer a day and sex doesnt matter.. So I am hoping the 450B gets a workout this morning on something... :D

Since we are walking about 30min from where we part, I do suspect dragging will be involved though :cry:

brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Return to AR15 Style Rifles