Bushmaster Black follower

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Bushmaster Black follower

Postby thebrassnuckles » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:18 pm

the mag i got with my upper had the black follower.

whats the deal with the spring on it? its got like a full inch and ahalf of spring piled up on the bottom...

with a 30 round spring its will hold 8 roungs, but the spring didnt have enough....spring to push the last rounds all the way up to the feed lips.

also the body of the mag at the lips has some kind of reinforcement/ blocks
thebrassnuckles

Postby thatguy » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:38 pm

thebrassnuckles wrote:the mag i got with my upper had the black follower.

whats the deal with the spring on it? its got like a full inch and ahalf of spring piled up on the bottom...

with a 30 round spring its will hold 8 roungs, but the spring didnt have enough....spring to push the last rounds all the way up to the feed lips.

also the body of the mag at the lips has some kind of reinforcement/ blocks

that is how you make a 20 rd magazine only hold 5 (450B) rounds..

during the ban the made the mags so you could NOT take them apart at all.. so at least now you can take it apart to clean it..

So - you are saying you put a 30 rd spring in a 20 rd mag body and it didnt have enough force to push the last round up?? something is wrong there, you should be getting the same pressure, but you are limiting the mag capacity because the extra springs (30 vs 20 rd) is taking up space.. To me i think the spring is too weak...

brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby thebrassnuckles » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:07 pm

the spring i used was considerably wider than the factory spring and it was rubbing on the sides of the mag, which may have caused the problems.
but yes, the spring from my 30 round c-products rebuild kit, would not give enough force to push the final round or follower against the lips.
thebrassnuckles

Postby 2zero6 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:55 pm

thatguy wrote:
2zero6 wrote:Wildcatter-
Haha yeah your right they dont even work reliably in 5.56, I really need to just bite the bullet and cut one and weld it so it is straight. Then again there is always the mwg 90 rounder that the beowulf guys are running 30 rounds in. Sorry to go off topic...now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Dont forget that the Sig 556 mags are 30 rd's that do work without any mod's..

Brian

Correct that is all I am using now. After The first pair I figured don't fix what ain't broke and bought a few more pairs and converted all my other .450 mags back to 5.56.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby thebrassnuckles » Fri Dec 04, 2009 2:10 pm

Hey, zero, how many roucnds are fitting in your sig mags?
thebrassnuckles

Postby Jailer » Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:32 pm

Got a response today on my question about the black follower. Looks like they have the 9 rounder available now.

Hello,
All the .450 magazines now have the black followers designed for them. A 9 round magazine # 8448670-45-9 for $44.95, not listed online yet, is now available.

Thank you,

Jim Eden
Technical Support
Bushmaster Firearms International, LLC
Office: 1-800-883-6229 ext. 277
Fax: 207-892-8068
Jailer

Postby thatguy » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:04 pm

Jailer wrote:Got a response today on my question about the black follower. Looks like they have the 9 rounder available now.

Hello,
All the .450 magazines now have the black followers designed for them. A 9 round magazine # 8448670-45-9 for $44.95, not listed online yet, is now available.

<edited to delete text>

WOW.. they are mighty proud of those mags.. :o

you can get 2 Sig 556 mags for that price.. I have never priced stainless steel mags before BUT $45/mag is way high to me..

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby DrPhil » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:21 pm

thebrassnuckles wrote:Hey, zero, how many roucnds are fitting in your sig mags?

I had bought a 2-mag pack of the Sig556 mags at Academy last week for $29.95. I can fit 12 rounds in each with ease. I finally got a chance to take it to the range today, ran 2 full mags through it VERY smoothly...first to the last all fed well. (now my shoulder is a little sore, though!)
DrPhil

Postby bushmeister » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:25 pm

I bet those smiling muscles are too! :mrgreen:
bushmeister

Postby DrPhil » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:40 pm

bushmeister wrote:I bet those smiling muscles are too! :mrgreen:

They are. Especially when I offered to let the two big tough guys (officers from a neighboring town who were shooting their new s&w .223 duty rifles next to me) give mine a try. One round...that was it. Upon hearing the first guy's reaction to the recoil, the other guy threw his hands up saying he'd pass. But guy #1 smiled too...he was impressed! :D
DrPhil

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles