Bushmaster Black follower

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Bushmaster Black follower

Postby jagermaster » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:36 pm

I read more than I post but I was surprised only one person mentioned the blocks under the feed lips.
I think the biggest problem with mags for the 450 is the strength of the feed lips.
Maybe this modification Is a good thing. I wonder if the Bushmaster 9 round mags have this same feature.
jagermaster

Postby Ted_Bronson » Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:41 am

Colohunter,

Where did you get the blue followers? I can't find them anywhere.
Ted_Bronson

Postby Jailer » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:23 pm

Ted_Bronson wrote:Colohunter,

I wonder if they are out of stock. They were listed under the competition parts and accessories.
Jailer

Postby Siringo » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:09 pm

Go to the Bushmaster website. Under "parts" -- look for clearance items. They are listed in there at the bottom on the list. 11.95 each. Looks like they will be getting rid of them.
Siringo

Postby wildcatter » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:15 pm

Jailer wrote:

I wonder if they are out of stock. They were listed under the competition parts and accessories.

Hey Big Jailer,

I don't know, but I'd be surprised if the black follower was available, because the new mag is just coming on-line and they'd be used for them. But, in the mean time, just use the GI follower, flip it over fill the void with JB weld, then tomorrow run a 1/2" ball-nosed cutter down the middle and you'll have the same thing. If you are patient, run a 1/2" Dremel drum sander down the middle as best as you can, you don't have to be perfect at all, and bingo, you did it on the kitchen table..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby thebrassnuckles » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:38 pm

the blue single stack follower is shown in the new clearance items section on bushmasters website.

http://www.bushmaster.com/products.asp?cat=99

its $11.50
thebrassnuckles

Postby Jailer » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:55 pm

wildcatter wrote:
Jailer wrote:

Hey Big Jailer,

I don't know, but I'd be surprised if the black follower was available, because the new mag is just coming on-line and they'd be used for them. But, in the mean time, just use the GI follower, flip it over fill the void with JB weld, then tomorrow run a 1/2" ball-nosed cutter down the middle and you'll have the same thing. If you are patient, run a 1/2" Dremel drum sander down the middle as best as you can, you don't have to be perfect at all, and bingo, you did it on the kitchen table..

I tried this on a green follower. It didn't want to feed very well and it was tearing up the brass real bad. I think I'm going to try some sig mags. $45 for a 10 rounder from bushmaster is just a bit too much. I will pick up another 5 rounder for reliable feeding while out hunting.
Jailer

Postby thatguy » Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:39 pm

Jailer wrote:
I tried this on a green follower. It didn't want to feed very well and it was tearing up the brass real bad. I think I'm going to try some sig mags. $45 for a 10 rounder from bushmaster is just a bit too much. I will pick up another 5 rounder for reliable feeding while out hunting.

I think this is a common issue when using metal mags.. The pmags do not scratch the brass..

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby Siringo » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:02 pm

Regarding scratching the brass -- I took a piece of 400/600 grit sandpaper -- wrapped it around the case and polished the underside of the fee lips. Essentially removing and smoothing out the sharp edge.
Siringo

Postby wildcatter » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:34 pm

Siringo wrote:Regarding scratching the brass -- I took a piece of 400/600 grit sandpaper -- wrapped it around the case and polished the underside of the fee lips. Essentially removing and smoothing out the sharp edge.

There ya go and make sure the front of the mag does not touch the case during feeding.
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles