Bushmaster Black follower

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Bushmaster Black follower

Postby Jailer » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:51 pm

I haven't shot mine yet but can the recoil really be that bad?
Jailer

Postby thebrassnuckles » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:02 pm

damn. i can only have 10 rounds. i'll have to put in a block of sorts for the sig mags...

does anyone know what spring would work to replace the factory 5 round mags bunched up spring?
thebrassnuckles

Postby DrPhil » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:33 pm

Jailer wrote:I haven't shot mine yet but can the recoil really be that bad?

the people saying the felt recoil is somewhere between a 20ga and a 12ga shotgun were dead-on accurate. but i wouldn't pop off 30 rounds out of a 12ga without expecting my shoulder to feel it a little...!

plus, i have a 6-position CAA stock and the stock buffer. i understand the buttstock's are a little more comfortable, plus i know there are some recoil-reducing devices out there that may help as well.
DrPhil

Postby thatguy » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:53 pm

thebrassnuckles wrote:damn. i can only have 10 rounds. i'll have to put in a block of sorts for the sig mags...

does anyone know what spring would work to replace the factory 5 round mags bunched up spring?

I think any 20 rd 'rebuild kit' spring would work.. OR you can cut a 30 rd spring down but im not sure how much you would take of..

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby thatguy » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:58 pm

DrPhil wrote:
Jailer wrote:I haven't shot mine yet but can the recoil really be that bad?

the people saying the felt recoil is somewhere between a 20ga and a 12ga shotgun were dead-on accurate. but i wouldn't pop off 30 rounds out of a 12ga without expecting my shoulder to feel it a little...!

plus, i have a 6-position CAA stock and the stock buffer. i understand the buttstock's are a little more comfortable, plus i know there are some recoil-reducing devices out there that may help as well.

I added a Limbsaver slip on recoil pad ($20 walmart) to my CAA 6 pos stock and the kick is hardly noticeable.. I like having the adjustable stock to get the best length of pull for what clothes im wearing.

Before I would spend any money on the stock recoil reducing devices I highly recommend trying a slip on recoil pad instead.. Walmart will take it back without question IF you thing you need something more..

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby 2zero6 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:33 pm

thebrassnuckles wrote:Hey, zero, how many rounds are fitting in your sig mags?

12 here as well. Also like that the mags attach to each other without a seperate mag clamp.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby DrPhil » Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:08 am

thanks Brian, I'll have to try that.
DrPhil

Postby thatguy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:01 am

thebrassnuckles wrote:damn. i can only have 10 rounds. i'll have to put in a block of sorts for the sig mags...

If you can only have 10 rds I wouldnt bother with the sig mags.. Does it have to be permanent blocked mag or can it be removeable?

I would go with a standard GI 20 rd mag (or the pmags) - you wont get 10 rds though but it would be no question on whether the mags are legal

Brian
thatguy

Postby wildcatter » Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:11 am

AND, I usually reduce the total rounds, if legalities are an issue, by pulling off the mag base and inserting a duck plug type of goody, which for me looks allot like several or more loaded 450 rounds, this is legal here in MI, where during the 25 days of gun deer season we can only have 5 rds in a mag. If you can do for a shotgun, hopefully, you can do it for a rifle. I kinda like the duck plug trick, because I have many more rds available should a severe need arises.
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby thebrassnuckles » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:07 pm

the general consensus is that the mags must be permanently modded to hold 10 rounds.

for my ak i bought some rebuild kits and stuck a rivet in so i could use a pistol grip/bullet button combo.

i guess i'll just grab some 20 round rebuild kits and make a single stack follower. i really like the looks of the one that came with the bushy. it looks better than the 30 rounders, imho
thebrassnuckles

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles