Bushmaster Black follower

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Bushmaster Black follower

Postby bushmeister » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:51 pm

wildcatter wrote:Here's the Deal.. The blue follower was just something to use until the dedicated follower could be made and with the craziness in the industry it took a long while before the time could be dedicated to building the new follower. This new follower is my orginal design and works like a champ, but then so does the blue follower. ..

So the magazine is identical, just the follower is different?
bushmeister

Postby 2zero6 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:16 pm

bushmeister wrote:So the magazine is identical, just the follower is different?

And will it work reliably in a 40 or 45 round mag?
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby wildcatter » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:14 pm

bushmeister wrote:
wildcatter wrote:Here's the Deal.. The blue follower was just something to use until the dedicated follower could be made and with the craziness in the industry it took a long while before the time could be dedicated to building the new follower. This new follower is my orginal design and works like a champ, but then so does the blue follower. ..

So the magazine is identical, just the follower is different?

Yup..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby wildcatter » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:17 pm

2zero6 wrote:

None of the really hy-cap mags work very well so we can't expect a follower to cure design problems, but, the new follower or the mods I have outlined to the std follower will make them work much better..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby 2zero6 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:36 pm

Wildcatter-
Haha yeah your right they dont even work reliably in 5.56, I really need to just bite the bullet and cut one and weld it so it is straight. Then again there is always the mwg 90 rounder that the beowulf guys are running 30 rounds in. Sorry to go off topic...now back to your regularly scheduled program.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
2zero6

Postby justin1990 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:25 pm

I just got too magazines direct from Bushmaster.

One feels like aluminum with a matte finish dark gray with a gray 223 follower and blue follower stacked on top. Looks like a GI mag.

The other is definitely with a steel gloss finish black with a black one piece follower.

Either I got the best of both worlds, or I got suckered on one?

Comments? ... I guess I could send one back to BM.
justin1990

Postby 2zero6 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:48 pm

justin1990 wrote:I just got too magazines direct from Bushmaster.

One feels like aluminum with a matte finish dark gray with a gray 223 follower and blue follower stacked on top. Looks like a GI mag.

The other is definitely with a steel gloss finish black with a black one piece follower.

Suckered? Nah...the ones with the blue follower can always be used(if you have both) or sold as a 5.56 mag. That's what I ended up using all mine for after I bought the sig mags. the G.I. 20 rounders sit on the bench a little better than when I use the 30 rounders. So just think of it as you got the best of both worlds.
2zero6

Postby bushmeister » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:09 am

justin1990 wrote:I just got too magazines direct from Bushmaster.

You must have gotten the last of the blue followers and the first of the black followers. You could pretend they have added value like the first or last corvette to roll off the assembly line!
bushmeister

Postby thatguy » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:12 am

2zero6 wrote:Wildcatter-
Haha yeah your right they dont even work reliably in 5.56, I really need to just bite the bullet and cut one and weld it so it is straight. Then again there is always the mwg 90 rounder that the beowulf guys are running 30 rounds in. Sorry to go off topic...now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Dont forget that the Sig 556 mags are 30 rd's that do work without any mod's..

Brian
If you are on Facebook, check out the 450 Bushmaster "Thumper" group I created.. We are always looking for new members and don't forget to share any pictures you have...
thatguy

Postby rugger16 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:35 am

wildcatter wrote:
2zero6 wrote:

None of the really hy-cap mags work very well so we can't expect a follower to cure design problems, but, the new follower or the mods I have outlined to the std follower will make them work much better..

Correct, the 40 rounder that I have has a very slim and solid follower (no skeleton look after filing it flat) It does seem to work, but I haven't been to the range with it yet. There is no way that the black or a full length follower would fit in it. I tried. I guess the curve is too much, however the bullets seem to cycle through it without binding up.
rugger16

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles