9 Round Mags in stock at Midway

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 9 Round Mags in stock at Midway

Postby wildcatter » Wed May 25, 2011 7:24 am

BillytheKid wrote:
wildcatter wrote:Now, let us help

I've gotta tell ya, , , this is exactly why I am here.

This has got to be the best forum ever in the history of ever!

Bill

LOL.. I love this quote and if you don't mind I'm going to use it allot, of course all credit to you..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed May 25, 2011 9:14 am

Jeepejeep wrote:I asked that I be notified by e-mail about the dies. Would it be faster to call and back order them?

Yeah, cuz when they email you, by the time you get/read the email, they will be filling their backorders first and you might get put on hold again. They got my $$$ so to say. (CC authorization). They are committed to ship as long as they have stock to fill backorders of folks that prepaid.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Jim in Houston » Wed May 25, 2011 11:18 am

Although I can't find it on their website, I don't think Midway actually charges your credit card on a backorder until the item ships. My problem with backorders is, if you order multiple items and some of them are on backorder, you will get hit with an additional shipping charge, when they do ship. When items that are on backorder, I usually wait - if I can - until the items come in so that they can all be shipped together.

Also, Midway provides an estimated "back in stock" date, which I have found to be pretty accurate, so you will know how long you have to wait.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Wed May 25, 2011 12:20 pm

Jim in Houston wrote:Although I can't find it on their website, I don't think Midway actually charges your credit card on a backorder until the item ships. My problem with backorders is, if you order multiple items and some of them are on backorder, you will get hit with an additional shipping charge, when they do ship. When items that are on backorder, I usually wait - if I can - until the items come in so that they can all be shipped together.

Also, Midway provides an estimated "back in stock" date, which I have found to be pretty accurate, so you will know how long you have to wait.

Sometimes that does happen. I have about 15 years in retail/wholesale and shipping/receiving and the general rule is those who put their money on the table for a backorder, get handled first. This can be especially true if the backorders outnumber the stock received.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby commander faschisto » Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:48 pm

Okay...newbie question here (Remington: Is anyone there listening???)...first the facts: Two companies (sort of) selling .450 rifles; two companies making ammo and components; lots of retailers selling same. Riddle me this: Why in the hell is it so hard to get hold of such a simple and vital component of said firearms as the MAGAZINES??? Are these marketing geniuses at Remmy really that dense? Do they want people to buy their products, or not? If closing up shop in Maine was such a brilliant move, why has it resulted in worse customer service?

I've flame-mailed Remmy about this, and other issues, a few times lately...apparently they feel it is beneath them to respond, so far.

Back on topic, I've backordered six new 9-round mags from Midway...we'll see what happens, I guess.

:?:

Update: oops...I should say that I used to have a backorder with Midway...got zapped recently, I guess.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby wildcatter » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:13 pm

commander faschisto wrote:Okay...newbie question here (Remington: Is anyone there listening???)...first the facts: Two companies (sort of) selling .450 rifles; two companies making ammo and components; lots of retailers selling same. Riddle me this: Why in the hell is it so hard to get hold of such a simple and vital component of said firearms as the MAGAZINES??? Are these marketing geniuses at Remmy really that dense? Do they want people to buy their products, or not? If closing up shop in Maine was such a brilliant move, why has it resulted in worse customer service?

I've flame-mailed Remmy about this, and other issues, a few times lately...apparently they feel it is beneath them to respond, so far.

Back on topic, I've backordered six new 9-round mags from Midway...we'll see what happens, I guess.

:?:

Update: oops...I should say that I used to have a backorder with Midway...got zapped recently, I guess.

Wow..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby paulmark3010 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:15 pm

In stock now for $44.99. I buy alot of stuff from Midway, but this price is ridiculous! :twisted:
paulmark3010

Postby commander faschisto » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:23 pm

No way, hozay...especially when you can get Sig556 mags, that hold 12 rounds, for $30 a pair! :shock:
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles