9 Round Mags in stock at Midway

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 9 Round Mags in stock at Midway

Postby wildcatter » Sat May 21, 2011 7:47 pm

Hoot wrote:
ryr8828 wrote:Ok, you can have it for the same price as Midway is getting but I'll pay shipping.

How much did you say you loved them?

I love my two that have run like a Swiss watch since I bought them new quite a lot. I paid the same for each of them as what you're asking for your used fixer upper. I was thinking more like $20.00 and since it weighs 4.2oz, $2.22 shipping USPS First Class. I'm mainly interested in the black follower.

Tim you can have it for $35.00 shipped.

Hoot

For mags that we are going to have to repair, I was thinking more like $18 and shipping, no disrespect??..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby khamill2000 » Sat May 21, 2011 8:19 pm

Tested out the new mags today. Functioned perfectly and hold 10 rounds, not 9.
khamill2000

Postby khamill2000 » Mon May 23, 2011 5:27 pm

khamill2000

Postby ryr8828 » Mon May 23, 2011 5:58 pm

Hoot wrote:
ryr8828 wrote:Ok, you can have it for the same price as Midway is getting but I'll pay shipping.

I love my two that have run like a Swiss watch since I bought them new quite a lot. I paid the same for each of them as what you're asking for your used fixer upper. I was thinking more like $20.00 and since it weighs 4.2oz, $2.22 shipping USPS First Class. I'm mainly interested in the black follower.

Hoot

I'm not even wanting to sell the mag, just trying to make a point. It's not even had 5 shells through it since it doesn't work worth a damn. It's Bushmaster. It came with my .450 upper when I bought it last year.
I'll not pay $35 for another one like it.
ryr8828

Postby wildcatter » Tue May 24, 2011 1:41 pm

ryr8828 wrote:
Hoot wrote:

Hoot

I'm not even wanting to sell the mag, just trying to make a point. It's not even had 5 shells through it since it doesn't work worth a damn. It's Bushmaster. It came with my .450 upper when I bought it last year.
I'll not pay $35 for another one like it.

Box magazines are the Achilles heel of any semi/full-auto system. They work well and then they don't. I'm sorry but things do come from the factory, hosed-up, no matter how world renowned your QA is. My point is, just like keeping the weapon itself, clean and properly lubed, if we are to keep these systems functioning, one Must, become intimate with the system and the magazine, in particular, in this case, and what keeps it working. You might want to ship it back and tell them it hasn't worked since day one, but then again, even that mag will someday give you fits as well. So, you might want to fool around with the none functioning one, learn what makes it tick and then adjust it accordingly. As Hoot has inferred, adjusting the mag ain't rocket science and you'll learn good stuff along the way. Education ain't cheap..

Now, let us help, if you could be very specific about the culprit magazines' ills, pictures help allot, and what you've done to the mag so far, I'll just bet ya, we all can come up with the specific cure., of course this assumes you wanna do this and if you do, you might want to start a new threat and call it something like "Need help with a magazine. To be sure, the first thing you MUST do, while physically working on the weapon system, is to hold your tongue, out of your mouth, on the right side only, if you do so from the left, everyone is going to think you are an Obama wanna-be..wink..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Jeepejeep » Tue May 24, 2011 2:20 pm

I just ordered 2 of them from Midway. I'll let you guys know how they work when I get them and if they don't, I'll get pics and ask you how to correct them, if possible. The one that came with the upper has worked well for only the 20 rounds I've fired through it so far.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue May 24, 2011 2:48 pm

I know this is gonna sound kinda tacky, but here goes anyway. Is it possible that the former Maine employees let these nonstandard/substandard parts hit the shipping department in a sort of retaliation for being cut loose in March? I have never heard so many little issues with Bushmaster until AFTER moving to NY. I don't think these problems are indicative of the future of Bushmaster. I am thinking these little stupid hiccups are the signs of retaliations of certain employees who may have thrown a few wrenches in the cogs.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby BillytheKid » Tue May 24, 2011 3:17 pm

wildcatter wrote:Now, let us help

I've gotta tell ya, , , this is exactly why I am here.

This has got to be the best forum ever in the history of ever!

Bill
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue May 24, 2011 4:32 pm

BillytheKid wrote:
wildcatter wrote:Now, let us help

I've gotta tell ya, , , this is exactly why I am here.

This has got to be the best forum ever in the history of ever!

Bill

Me too Bill.

I just got off the phone with Midway. I ordered a few little knick-knacks. I finally ordered my 450 Bushmaster dies. I also ordered a Lee 45-70 crimp die for Hoot to play with. (Heads up Hoot). Check your PM. Midway has the 450 Bushmaster dies on backorder until July, but I ordered them anyway. Midway is slowly taking my parts orders away from Bushmaster. I just can't wait anymore.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Jeepejeep » Tue May 24, 2011 8:56 pm

I asked that I be notified by e-mail about the dies. Would it be faster to call and back order them?
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."Col. Jeff Cooper
Jeepejeep

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles