Bear Hunting Magazine

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Bear Hunting Magazine

Postby BillytheKid » Sat May 21, 2011 11:19 am

The May/June 2011 issue of Bear Hunting Magazine has a great article about taking a bruin with our beloved .450 bushmaster cartridge!

The article is titled "Black Rifle for Black Bear", written by Judd Cooney.
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Re: Bear Hunting Magazine

Postby wildcatter » Sat May 21, 2011 4:35 pm

BillytheKid wrote:The May/June 2011 issue of Bear Hunting Magazine has a great article about taking a bruin with our beloved .450 bushmaster cartridge!

I've never seen that magazine out here in the sticks, any Chance of you posting it, with the pics? It's legal if you site the magazine, author, and date (they love the free advertising of their magazine)..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby BillytheKid » Sat May 21, 2011 5:12 pm

wildcatter wrote:
BillytheKid wrote:The May/June 2011 issue of Bear Hunting Magazine has a great article about taking a bruin with our beloved .450 bushmaster cartridge!

I've never seen that magazine out here in the sticks, any Chance of you posting it, with the pics? It's legal if you site the magazine, author, and date (they love the free advertising of their magazine)..

..t

Hi Tim, sorry, but I don't have a scanner. I did a google search for their website, and was able to find the "Current Issue" page. At the very bottom of that web page, it shows a teaser on the article I speak of:

http://www.bear-hunting.com/issue.cfm

Does anyone else have that issue of that magazine, plus a scanner?

Bill
BillytheKid

Postby Hoot » Sat May 21, 2011 6:08 pm

I could have swore I read that article like last fall or earlier. I remember the story starting off with the part about the second car and the tank dam. I suspect it's getting a second go-around. The number of gun and hunting magazines out there have gone up astronomically lately. Thinner and more numerous. Same articles in several at a time. Wherever there's a buck to be made... Image

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby BillytheKid » Sat May 21, 2011 7:38 pm

Hoot wrote:I could have swore I read that article like last fall or earlier. I remember the story starting off with the part about the second car and the tank dam. I suspect it's getting a second go-around. The number of gun and hunting magazines out there have gone up astronomically lately. Thinner and more numerous. Same articles in several at a time. Wherever there's a buck to be made... [ http://cdn.calguns.net/calguns.net/calgunforum/images/smilies/no.gif ]

Hoot

So, after reading Hoots suspicions, and between BBQing some 24oz T-bone steaks, baking up some Russets, and googling, and googling, and googling, I found a nearly identical article that apparently appeared in AR Hunting Magazine, and is posted on Military (dot) com.

Here is the link to that:

http://www.military.com/entertainment/o ... -bear.html

Bill
BillytheKid

Postby wildcatter » Sat May 21, 2011 7:44 pm

BillytheKid wrote:
wildcatter wrote:

..t

Hi Tim, sorry, but I don't have a scanner. I did a google search for their website, and was able to find the "Current Issue" page. At the very bottom of that web page, it shows a teaser on the article I speak of:

http://www.bear-hunting.com/issue.cfm

Does anyone else have that issue of that magazine, plus a scanner?

Bill

Thanks allot Bill, I appreciate your time, but I think the Hoot-ster is right. I believe I posted that article to these pages, something like last year, or so..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby BillytheKid » Sat May 21, 2011 7:53 pm

Clearly, Judd Cooney has rehashed an old article from 2010. disappointing.
BillytheKid

Postby dcbeattie » Sat May 21, 2011 11:11 pm

Duke Beattie
Are we having fun yet?
dcbeattie

Return to AR15 Style Rifles