Factory Camo

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Factory Camo

Postby bushmeister » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:54 pm

It's my understanding that initially there were several hundred 450's made with camo on the stocks/hanguards. Is that a done deal or is there anything in the works to offer a camo rifle or parts from BM?
bushmeister

Re: Factory Camo

Postby Al in Mi » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:57 am

seen one in a digital camo once, took a little getting use to, but sorta grew on me.

dunno if it's a done deal or not from BM, but there are places that do the camo dips on guns, and there are some very talented guys on this board with a spray can.
Al in Mi

Postby wildcatter » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:53 pm

bushmeister wrote:It's my understanding that initially there were several hundred 450's made with camo on the stocks/hanguards. Is that a done deal or is there anything in the works to offer a camo rifle or parts from BM?

Yup, it is my knowledge that there were only supposed to be 100 of the first ones made by Bushy, in that western mountain camo, now if they made more of that model, I have no knowledge, but I'll ask at the shot..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby bushmeister » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:11 pm

Thanks, I have a friend who shot mine, and after he finally quit smiling said he wanted to buy one in camo.
bushmeister

Postby talonxracer » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:25 am

I would have loved to have gotten my 450 with some type of factory camo. But seeing there was no decent factory option other than ordering the stock and aluminum FF tube with camo applied, I learned the art of applying a pinestraw camo with Duracoat. I think the camo job came out far better than I had first expected for the very first camo job. Many of the guys in the hunting club now want me to do a camo job for them, but the legalities of that scare me, LOL So i told them I would "supervise" their efforts, I would rather teach someone to fish rather than give/sell them a fish.
talonxracer

Postby 2zero6 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:48 pm

So I see there are 2 types of camo options:
This one:
http://www.slingpoint.com/tactical-rifles-bushmaster-bushmaster-barrel-izzy-muzzle-break-p-53743.html?osCsid=cd34886d654d8281bec62d53c18ab183

And the ACU digital style:
http://www.slingpoint.com/tactical-rifles-bushmaster-bushmaster-digital-camo-stock-blue-p-53740.html?osCsid=4393eb47166c6dbe645e75d7ff10c1e4

I swear all there was last I found 2 months ago was the ACU digital (which I am pretty partial to). Anyone know anything about the realtree style? :?:
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby bushmeister » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:29 pm

I know I like it! I noticed today on Busmasters site, that they show the 450's in camo. Hmmm. I wonder if there is a conflict with sister company Remington and their new 30ar, which is in camo? I guess our SHOT spies can fill us in when they get back.
bushmeister

Postby bushmeister » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:43 pm

It appears you can purchase camo stocks and pistol grips from bushmaster for a fair price (cheaper than you can get them dipped). I called them today, and they do not offer a free floating handguard. I'm still weighing my options at this point, but this is the way I am leaning. Might go with a neoprene sleeve for my handguard, which would help with insulation, noise, and camo.

http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_realt ... t=realtree
bushmeister

Return to AR15 Style Rifles