New 450 20" upper questions

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: New 450 20" upper questions

Postby rugger16 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:57 am

I have some questions about the 20" as well. Why does bushmaster not put a picitinny gas block on the 20? I know that the front block on the 20 isn't actually the gas block, but I can't see what purpose it actually has. Maybe someon can fill me in. As of now I am looking to buy a railed gas block, and change that saw horse looking thing. Anyway, does anyone know which block bushmaster uses on the 16" and if they sell it. The only thing close that isn't UTG is the YHM 4 rail gas block. If anyone has any orther suggestions I would be interested in hearing them.

Thanks guys. I didn't want to start a new thread for this so I piggy backed onto this one. :mrgreen:
rugger16

Postby dale » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:09 pm

I wondered the very same thing. there's a cut-down gas block under the foregrip tube, and then a second dummy one where the front sight would be, similar to the dissipator models. can you just take the outer one off??
dale

Postby Al in Mi » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:48 am

dale wrote:I wondered the very same thing. there's a cut-down gas block under the foregrip tube, and then a second dummy one where the front sight would be, similar to the dissipator models. can you just take the outer one off??

must be for a kewl factor, dunno.

Yep, it comes off, mine has a hole for the gas port and gas port tube.
Al in Mi

Postby G-man » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:20 pm

After receiving my 20" upper from Bushmaster, I pondered the same questions. I thought the look of that "saw-horse" up front was kind of funky. I decide to call them and asked them what it's for. Their service rep said it was purely decoration. I suppose I could have taken it off, but he said they'd be happy to exchange it for the 16" model. Seeing it doesn't have it, and the bullistics are only a 100fps slower, I took him up on his offer and sent it back. After a couple weeks of waiting I called to check on it arrival. They said the 16" barrels are on back order until the end of February. Needless to say, I'm crying! OH well...
G-man

Postby rugger16 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:11 pm

I think I am eventually going to to ahead and take the thing off and get the YHM 4 rail block and mount it instead. Then I have options for whatever I might need and BUIS.

Odd.
rugger16

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles