Sup guys? Lets have some fun!

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Sup guys? Lets have some fun!

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:03 pm

Stealthshooter wrote:I plan on getting a 20" upper and I am not afraid to run somewhat hot loads.

Good choice on the upper. Remember there are two gas blocks on the 20". The one under the grip is the active gas block. The gas block outside the grip is a Non-active gas block.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Stealthshooter » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:09 pm

So is that gas block just for adding accessories? It looks as though finding a 20" upper is easier said than done right now.
Stealthshooter

Postby wildcatter » Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:14 pm

Stealthshooter wrote:So is that gas block just for adding accessories? It looks as though finding a 20" upper is easier said than done right now.

That extra gas block, at the rifle length, is for eye candy purposes. I activate the rifle length one and then close off the carbine length gas block. I do this when I'm making high performance loads, 230's @speeds well north of 2500fps.

The 20" Barreled duel blocks give me allot of options, that Bushy never intended and I can always hack off barrel length, if that becomes the new.."gotta have"..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles