16" uppers at LG Outdoors

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

16" uppers at LG Outdoors

Postby Larrys1911 » Mon May 30, 2011 6:19 pm

http://www.lg-outdoors.com/proddetail.asp?prod=SS_62256

$540.38... Shipping made mine 560.?? but I added a box of shells

NOW FOR THE OTHER PART:::::: NO MAG

So now I gotta find a follower I guess cause I got plenty of mags.

They have 8 Left right now.

Nice forum, Ive been lurking for a LONG time.... I found this After I ran across WIldcatters posts on the Calguns forum on hot rodding the 450BM
Finally had to pull the trigger on the .450
I HATE buying new calibers.....

Now I gotta buy:

Glass
Ammo
Dies
Brass
MORE .45 BBs
Powder ... maybe
Primers

CRAP My wife gets mad when I buy a new gun cause she sees the big cost up front....... IF SHE ONLY KNEW THE OTHER END :oops:

oh well I guess that part of Black Rifle Desease .... Problem is I have GUN DESEASE

Anyway the guy "Gordon" the G in LG was excellent to deal with... due to CC mess I had to call 4 times but he was EXCELLENT

Tell him I sent ya, told him I would sell the rest for him ....

Larry
Larrys1911

Re: 16" uppers at LG Outdoors

Postby Hoot » Tue May 31, 2011 6:03 am

That's kinda sleazy. LG gets a magazine with every upper Bushmaster ships them. They're obviously pocketing them and selling them separately. You don't have to absolutely buy a dedicated follower to use non-450 Bushmaster magazines. After you tweak the lips and notch the front top, you can just grind down the center facing part of the hump on a standard follower that imparts the cartridge offset and they're good to go. Look like crap, but fully functional. I actually formed a mold around the top of a gray follower with modeling clay and filled it with JB Weld to the top of that hump, then milled a 1/2 inch half-round groove down the middle. Looks reasonable and works great. I'm not a magazine hoarder, so I'd just as soon buy a couple of dedicated Bushmaster followers and just replace the 5.56 follower with them. Point being, if you're on a budget, grinding works. Epoxy and milling/routing works also. The deer don't care what killed them. ;)

Hoot
In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In Practice, there is.
Hoot

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Tue May 31, 2011 7:05 am

And don't forget those Sig Mags!! :mrgreen:
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby Larrys1911 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:46 am

HOLY COW

Got the Upper today..... FAST SHIPPING Had the Mag in it BTW.

OK I talked to Gordon about the mag thing and he was kinda sheepish about it so I wasnt sure what was going on.
Apparently there was some misscommunication between his warehouse and the factory and his company

They have it listed as having the mag but he was told they didnt by the WH
He called BM and apparently was told BM was no longer shipping them with mags
Mine came with a mag though so Im figuring this whole mess was caused by a couple low level employees getting together on the phone....

Havent even had a chance to do more than unwrap it so Thats what Im doing

CUDOS to LG OUTDOORS
THANKS Gordon.

Larry
Larrys1911

Postby bushmeister » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:01 pm

Wow, that was fast! The sig 556 magazines are the way to go IMO. $30 for 2 at academy sports. You can check all the threads on glass and such, as far as I've seen brass and dies are Hornady. Have fun with it!
bushmeister

Return to AR15 Style Rifles