450b AR Style Rifle Picture Thread.

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: 450b AR Style Rifle Picture Thread.

Postby MudBug » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:38 am

Very cool,though I admit that I am not a fan of tank brakes, I appreciate your choice in quality gear.

I have been curious about the American Gold triggers, I'm a Gieselle fan myself, and have a couple Timneys, but the last time I was looking I almost bought an American Gold.
Eric

"A coward is much more disposed to quarrels than a man of spirit." - Thomas Jefferson

"War is less costly than servitude. The choice is always between Verdun and Dachau." - Jean Dutourd
MudBug
Site Admin

Postby Cely1932 » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:20 am

The gold trigger works on a different principal than the factory design, allowing for the short reset and clean break. I'm sold on them & own three. My "tank Brake" is totally experimental, I have 2 other designs I'm going to try. This one just seemed to be the most promising from my common-sense point of view. I really need to be able to test them "scientifically" to quantify anything. :D
Cely1932

Postby wildcatter » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:33 am

Cely1932 wrote:The gold trigger works on a different principal than the factory design, allowing for the short reset and clean break. I'm sold on them & own three. My "tank Brake" is totally experimental, I have 2 other designs I'm going to try. This one just seemed to be the most promising from my common-sense point of view. I really need to be able to test them "scientifically" to quantify anything. :D

Get them over to the "GunNut". He's the equipment and expertise to empirically test for recoil. You're going to have to go far and wide to beat his skills. GUNNY?..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby gunnut » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:27 pm

Thanks "T"
Sure! No Problem! As long as they are already set up for the 450B I will be glad to test them and furnish a report. Just P.M. me for more info.
I'm looking for a brake to add to my product line at "www.Arrecoilless.com"
gunnut

Postby Cely1932 » Sun Aug 22, 2010 9:55 am

Gunnut-would love to have some hard data on the brakes effectiveness. It sure feels like it works well, but maybe thats because I want it to. My time to make my other versions is somewhat limited, so would you be willing to try this one by its self? I'm sure the set-up time is hardly worth it for just one. Seems like this cartridge may not lend its self to a brake anyway. :cry:
Cely1932

Postby gunnut » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:02 pm

Yes, It does look like it will work! How effective? We will see. I will be glad to put it in the bag with the rest of the things to be tested that day. As long as it's built for the 450B, Installing it only takes minutes. I go to the range 2-4 times a month depending on how many products I have to test.
gunnut

Postby Cely1932 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:27 am

I will use the brake over Labor Day weekend for hogs then I can send it to you.
Cely1932

Postby gunnut » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:46 pm

When ever your ready. Just send it on. I'll put it in with the other products to be tested and you will get a report.
gunnut

Postby wildcatter » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:17 pm

gunnut wrote:When ever your ready. Just send it on. I'll put it in with the other products to be tested and you will get a report.

Gunny, can you get a sound level on that as well, maybe the Bushmeister can hook you up?..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby gunnut » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:34 am

good point "T". The Dbs need to be measured at an outdoor range To keep everthing the same as the other tests. I'll see what I can do.
"HEY BUSHMEISTER!!! GOT ANY FREE TIME!!! :lol:
gunnut

PreviousNext

Return to AR15 Style Rifles