SIG556 mags for 450b available here....

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: SIG556 mags for 450b available here....

Postby Jim in Houston » Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:38 pm

I put the Hornady blue "single round" followers in my Sig mags. Had to shave them down and disassemble the sig mag to get them in from the bottom on top of the .223 black follower. I describe (roughly) what I did in a related thread - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4175#p16004 - with a photo.

This reduced the capacity from 12 to 11, but the last round feeds correctly, at least when I manually unload them. I haven't range tested them yet.
Life Member, Texas State Rifle Association; Patron LIfe Member, NRA
Jim in Houston

Postby wildcatter » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:57 pm

Jim in Houston wrote:I put the Hornady blue "single round" followers in my Sig mags. Had to shave them down and disassemble the sig mag to get them in from the bottom on top of the .223 black follower. I describe (roughly) what I did in a related thread - viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4175#p16004 - with a photo.

This reduced the capacity from 12 to 11, but the last round feeds correctly, at least when I manually unload them. I haven't range tested them yet.

James, try them just as they come out of the wrapper. I use them like that all the time..

..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby bushmeister » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:42 pm

Yep, just shoot em like they come out of the box. I've had zero issues. I recommend not storing them with 12 rounds in southern heat tho. I've heard of some problems with the feed lips spreading over time.
bushmeister

Postby commander faschisto » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:09 pm

More can be had...PM on the way.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member
Oklahoma Rifle Association member

Heavily armed; easily pissed.
commander faschisto

Postby commander faschisto » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:14 pm

Man, these Sig mags are looking better and better. Besides working just fine right out of the box (at least in mine), I just noticed that the Bushie factory 9-rounders are now being listed at Midway for $45.00 EACH...ay caramba! :o Plus, they're still unavailable on backorder. Note to marketing guys at Bushmaster: Hello! Wake Up! You're selling a lot of your competitor's product!
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:18 pm

commander faschisto wrote:Man, these Sig mags are looking better and better. Besides working just fine right out of the box (at least in mine), I just noticed that the Bushie factory 9-rounders are now being listed at Midway for $45.00 EACH...ay caramba! :o Plus, they're still unavailable on backorder. Note to marketing guys at Bushmaster: Hello! Wake Up! You're selling a lot of your competitor's product!

LOL! You got that right! I canceled a 3 month old backorder for about $200 and bought a pretty nice lower parts kit from Daniel Defense for $81.00 used the leftovers for reloading supplies and some ammo. I'm gonna do some craigslist and eBay work and buy the rest of the parts I want through another vendor.
I sure do hope the Big Execs at Bushmaster are reading this forum and find a way to win me back by the time I am ready for upper #3. I have two bushmasters and was working on three. But without a broken arrow treaty from Bushmaster, my next upper may be a Stag Arms.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby BillytheKid » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:25 pm

California does not allow 30 round magazines, but I wonder if I could order "machine parts"? If it comes as parts, is it still a magazine?
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby Texas Sheepdawg » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:39 pm

BillytheKid wrote:California does not allow 30 round magazines, but I wonder if I could order "machine parts"? If it comes as parts, is it still a magazine?

Your question first struck me as hilarious, but then I got to thinking.... It's so sad that you have to worry about such stupid laws. So I have retracted my LOL before I even posted it.
-Texas Sheepdawg

http://youtube.com/c/TexasSheepdawg21
NRA Life Member
Texas Sheepdawg

Postby BillytheKid » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:45 pm

Texas Sheepdawg wrote:
BillytheKid wrote:California does not allow 30 round magazines, but I wonder if I could order "machine parts"? If it comes as parts, is it still a magazine?

Your question first struck me as hilarious, but then I got to thinking.... It's so sad that you have to worry about such stupid laws. So I have retracted my LOL before I even posted it.

That's ok Bro! It was meant to be hilarious, and serious at the same time. So, if I ordered some 30 round Sig mags for my 450b, but asked them to be packed as parts, would that work? Any input would be helpful, even if it's only an "LOL"

hahaha,
Bill
"Now I am Breitbart, and there are millions more of us." - Me
BillytheKid

Postby commander faschisto » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:22 pm

In the People's Republic of Kalifornia, life is needlessly complicated, eh? You might try the Calguns forum for some sort of information on this subject? One of the out-of-state retailers might be able to help, too, if they're willing to stick their neck out on a legalistic matter such as this. Or, you might try asking whatever CA state agency is responsible for enforcement. I'm sure this has come up before for them.
Isa Akhbar!
NRA Life Member

commander faschisto

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles