Piston Driven 450

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Re: Piston Driven 450

Postby wildcatter » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:08 pm

2zero6 wrote:
MOUNTIN DU wrote::D Midway has the "bushy piston kit" on sale (clearance priced) this month :shock: better hurry if you go that route 8-)

Clearance priced? :o If that is true you might want to steer clear if the kit is becoming discontinued as there might not be anymore replacement parts. I have been looking at the Adams arms kits as well as a POF conversion. If Bushy will not be discontinuing the kit and replacement parts will still be available the Bushy kit had a good review in one of the mags i have floating around here.

Might be something to consider, but Bushy was selling them like hot cakes at SHOT and I saw a bunch of SEALS buying them for their own personal weapons..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby Siringo » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:58 am

What's this I read and hear about the piston guns exhibiting excess carrier tilt and tearing up the buffer tubes? Do these kits include a different buffer? I was looking at the "www.heavybuffers.com" web site and just happen to catch my eye about the anti-tilt buffers. They make a special buffer for piston guns.
Siringo

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:15 pm

:o 206... "Clearance priced" meaning Midways Monthly inventory clearance! :? Bushmaster/Midway has made no mention of "discontinued" piston kits 8-) Sorry for the misunderstanding ;)
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Postby 2zero6 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:39 pm

MOUNTIN DU wrote::o 206... "Clearance priced" meaning Midways Monthly inventory clearance! :? Bushmaster/Midway has made no mention of "discontinued" piston kits 8-) Sorry for the misunderstanding ;)

Whew! Thanks for the clarifiction. I thought it seemed odd for BM to discontinue these as they are the in thing at the moment.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Previous

Return to AR15 Style Rifles