Piston Driven 450

Talk about the AR15 style rifles chambered in 450 Bushmaster.

Moderator: MudBug

Piston Driven 450

Postby Great Wazoo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:04 pm

Newb member; hi to all!!

I have been thinking of replacing my Ruger 44 carbine with a 450B AR. For cleaning purposes I am partial to piston driven systems.

Are any of the current conversion systems (like Adams Arms) compatible with the 450 Bushmaster; is any one making a Piston Driven 450B yet?

Thanks for your input!

GW
Great Wazoo

Re: Piston Driven 450

Postby 2zero6 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:44 pm

I have been toying with the thought for my 10.5" project but I am unsure of compatibility and differences in operating pressures. Hopefully Wildcatter will chime in. :D
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 pm

:| the bushmaster retro kit doesn't mention anything about the 450b :? they have an excellent tech dept that can promptly answer your questions though ;) check out thier website for email contact info 8-)
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Postby wildcatter » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:31 pm

Great Wazoo wrote:Newb member; hi to all!!

I have been thinking of replacing my Ruger 44 carbine with a 450B AR. For cleaning purposes I am partial to piston driven systems.

Are any of the current conversion systems (like Adams Arms) compatible with the 450 Bushmaster; is any one making a Piston Driven 450B yet?

Thanks for your input!

GW

The DU-man has it right. As for "(like Adams Arms) compatible", I am not completely familiar with that particular model, but if it was designed for the std Carbine length H-Bar then it will work (with the 3/4" dia at the gas block position) just fine. And yes, there are many already using the Bushy conversions, so many are now using them now, they are having problems keeping them in stock. I especially like the one they have that fits & pins into the gas block, for it's simplicity and reliability, and anyone with a pin drift and a small hammer can put it on, but there are other makes that will work as well. Bushy has two excellent systems..
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby the_mad_rshn » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:47 am

wildcatter wrote:I especially like the one they have that fits & pins into the gas block, for it's simplicity and reliability, and anyone with a pin drift and a small hammer can put it on,

Hey Wildcatter,

What system are you reffering to, please?
Cheers,
Mad
the_mad_rshn

Postby wildcatter » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:01 am

the_mad_rshn wrote:
wildcatter wrote:I especially like the one they have that fits & pins into the gas block, for it's simplicity and reliability, and anyone with a pin drift and a small hammer can put it on,

Hey Wildcatter,

What system are you reffering to, please?

Sorry about that and Welcome Great Wazoo, I'm looking forward to your future posts.. Ok, try this and make sure you scroll to the bottom of the page..

http://www.bushmaster.com/faqs/attachme ... %20001.pdf

PS.. Mr WZ, if you are going to get rid of that 44, I'd like to take a crack at buying it, I've got other fish to fry with it (that'll get'em cackling, lol)..t
Safety First..t
wildcatter

Location: In the Middle of Deer Central Station or better known as, in the Thumb of Beautiful Michigan

Postby the_mad_rshn » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:14 am

Thank you sir.
Cheers,
Mad
the_mad_rshn

Postby Great Wazoo » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:46 pm

Guys,

Thanks for the info! :D

Wildcatter; I will let you know if I do decide to sell the carbine. It is a neat little rifle, but sometimes you just feel like doing something different.
Great Wazoo

Postby MOUNTIN DU » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:56 pm

:D Midway has the "bushy piston kit" on sale (clearance priced) this month :shock: better hurry if you go that route 8-)
hunt when it's cold; fish when it's not.
South Louisiana IS the sportsman's paradise!
MOUNTIN DU

Postby 2zero6 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:21 pm

MOUNTIN DU wrote::D Midway has the "bushy piston kit" on sale (clearance priced) this month :shock: better hurry if you go that route 8-)

Clearance priced? :o If that is true you might want to steer clear if the kit is becoming discontinued as there might not be anymore replacement parts. I have been looking at the Adams arms kits as well as a POF conversion. If Bushy will not be discontinuing the kit and replacement parts will still be available the Bushy kit had a good review in one of the mags i have floating around here.
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. " - Benjamin Franklin."
Member #55 of the 450b forum.
2zero6

Next

Return to AR15 Style Rifles